IELTS Cue Card Sample 74 - Describe an irritating neighbour of your locality
- Last Updated: Thursday, 20 October 2016 22:30
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 10774
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe an irritating neighbour of your locality.
You should say:
- For how long the person has been your neighbour
- How this person behave with others
- Explain how annoying the person is.
and explain what can be done to reduce his annoying activities.
Most of our neighbours are amiable and well-behaved and they are good neighbours except Mr. Deun who seems very irritating to me. He is living in our community for about 3 years after he bought the house from the previous owner. So he is our neighbour for the last three years and shortly after he started living here people started noticing his annoying behaviours.
Tips for talking about this Cue Card topic:
Do not say that you know this annoying neighbour only for few days. That would give a shallow judgment about someone. Mention that you know this person for a long time and not only you but other people in your neighbourhood also abhor him/ her for the annoying activities s/he does often.
You would be convincing if you mention that the person does not obey the rules and regulation of your community, often make disturbing attitude with others; especially with kids and senior citizens, shouts very loudly and makes quarrels loudly.
Now give some of your personal experiences regarding this people and that should be convincing why you have started feeling that he/she is an annoying person.
Some of the attitude/ activities that you can mention while describing this annoying neighbour of yours:
1. S/he always shouts and does not show respect to others.
2. Often listen to music very loudly that annoys people who live around.
3. Often makes quarrels and does not obey the rules people usually follow in your community.
4. Throws away trash to other people’s yard.
5. Often get drunk and does make scenes in public.
6. Often bits the pets of other people.
7. Does not show respect and love to children and elderly people.
For the last question “and explain what can be done to reduce his annoying activities” mention that, though s/he is irritating you still respect him/her and believe that s/he has a reason for the way s/he behaves. Proper counselling, advice and friendly behaviours might help him. Also, mention that people in your locality should talk to his/ her family members to learn what makes this person annoyed and then you should try your best not to do that. Try to be very reasonable and understanding in this part to show your goodwill regarding helping this person.
If you can answer this cue card topic, you should also be able to answer the following topics:
1. Describe a person you do not like.
2. Describe someone in your locality.
3. Describe something that annoys you.