IELTS Cue Card Sample 79 - Describe a difficult thing you did well
- Last Updated: Thursday, 28 July 2016 00:32
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 15041
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a difficult thing you did well.
You should say:
- what it was
- how you did it
- why (or how) it was difficult
and explain how you felt after you did it.
- Have other people (you know) had this success?
- Did people congratulate you for doing this?
- What are the main reasons people fail to reach their target?
In our life, we do so many difficult things knowingly and unknowingly. For some difficult tasks, we get appreciation and some remain unnoticed by others.
Tips for answering this cue card topic:
Some of the ideas to talk about for this Cue Card Topics:
1. You saved someone from drowning.
2. You accepted a challenge and won it.
3. You started to make awareness against a crime in your locality.
4. You made a team of people to protest an unfair decision or crime.
5. You won a foreign scholarship.
6. You helped someone to overcome a bad habit.
7. You quit a bad habit.
8. You won a campaign or election.
9. You were nominated as a chairperson of an important team/ party.
10. You won a competition.
11. You helped your team to win in a competition.
For the first question ‘what was it’ mention specifically what you did well which was not easy to do. Then mention why it was difficult and why you were determined to have it done. Then mention your personal passion/ determination and the benefits that it would bring. Later describe some of the obstacles you faced towards achieving it and also point out why finishing this particular task was very difficult.
For the final part mention your personal feelings after you achieved it/ have it done. Be very convincing in our answer and try to specifically mention your determination and hard work to achieve the success.
Your ability to talk about this cue card would help you to talk about the following cue card topics as well:
1. Describe a success you have.
2. Describe a memorable event.
3. Describe a happy memory you have.
4. Describe a competition you took part in.
5. Describe a tough thing that you did easily.
6. Describe a time when you helped someone.