IELTS Cue Card Sample 153 - Talk about your favourite outdoor activity
- Last Updated: Sunday, 09 October 2016 11:06
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 14572
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Talk about your favourite outdoor activity.
You should say:
- what activity is that?
- where do you do it?
- how often do you do it?
and describe why do you like this activity.
- Why do people prefer outdoor sports?
- What were the outdoor activities of the past compared to these of the present?
- Why are children less interested in outdoor activities nowadays?
My favourite outdoor activity is visiting parks, fields, playgrounds and open spaces with my close friends. I do it in one of the nearby parks, large playgrounds, botanical gardens, besides a lake or river and in any similar natural open spaces. Sometimes I invite friends to come to such a place which is nearby my home or sometimes we do it in the different parts of the city we live in.
I often take my bicycle and use it as my transportation to reach those places. I cannot do it daily but I gather with my friends usually once or twice in a week. We go to the park or near a river, enjoy our time, gossip on different topics, talk about movies and books, enjoy our friends’ companion and so some short of physical exercises like walking, swimming, running or cycling.
I really like to spend time with my friends as they are very close to me and they are very good friends of mine. I like their companionship as we have lots of common interests. We learn things from each other and value our friendship. Moreover, we stay inside the room; be it a house, university, office or other places, and this activity lets us spend time close to nature and in a healthy and open environment. The open spaces give fresh air, eradicates our boredom and fatigue, and it is really refreshing to do some short of outdoor activities in the evening. For all these reasons, I like this outdoor activity more than any other outdoor activity I have.
Similar Cue Card Topics
Your ability to talk about this Cue Card Topic would also enable you to talk about the following Cue Card Topics as well:
1. Describe an activity you have.
2. Describe an outdoor activity you have.
3. Describe an outdoor game or sports you play.
4. Describe a meal you took outside your home.
5. Describe something you often do.
6. Describe a place you often go in the evening.
7. Describe a good habit one of your family members has.