IELTS Cue Card Sample 157 - Describe a trip that you took by public transportation
- Last Updated: Saturday, 22 October 2016 04:14
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 10806
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a trip that you took by public transportation.
You should say:
- When and where you went
- What kind of transport you used
- How was your trip
and explain why did you choose to use public transport.
- Do you think people should use public transportation more often?
- What type of public transports is in use in your country?
- Do you think government invests enough in public transport?
- What do you think your government should do to improve the quality of public transport in your country?
Though I have my own car, I often use public transportation. I do so to allow my other family members to use my car for their own important tasks and sometimes I use public transportation like the bus to go to a long route. Some of the remote areas are not quite as easy to travel by cars and for those places, I use a public transportation like the rickshaw, taxi or the rented motorbike. One such trip that I remember I took 2 years ago when I visited one of my aunts' house. My aunt was married to a civil engineer and they had 3 kids. Their living place was kind of a remote area and took almost 10-12 hours to reach. It was the mid-autumn when I had the trip and I alone went there. I had to use 3-4 different public transportation to finally reach my aunt's house.
I took a bus and it stopped when we reached near a river after 4-5 hours journey. I had to use a boat to pass the river and after that, I took another bus and finally an auto rickshaw to reach my aunt’s living place.
The trip was a long one and it was neither a very pleasant journey nor a very disturbing one as well. Changing the transportation few times, carrying the 2 heavy bags were something that annoyed me. But I enjoyed the natural scenery, a different routine that the usual busy life, scenic beauty on the both sides of the road, the beautiful river and the new people and place. I mostly listened to music from my MP3 player and read a magazine on my journey and I enjoyed that also.
I took the public transportation mainly for 3 reasons: Firstly, I left it home so that other family members can use it if needed as I would be away for about a week. Secondly, I did not know the exact route to the place I travelled and that's why it would have been a bit uncertain to take my private car to a route that I have no idea about. Finally, it was a remote area and taking my car would have caused extra tension like parking it, fueling it and that why I preferred to take the journey in the public transportation.
Similar Cue Card Topics
Your ability to talk about this Cue Card Topic would also enable you to talk about the following Cue Card Topics as well:
1. Describe a common vehicle in your city.
2. Describe a public transportation you often you.
3. Describe a trip you recently had.
4. Describe a journey a common vehicle in your city.
5. Describe a public transportation you often you.
6. Describe a trip you recently had.
7. Describe a journey you recently had.
8. Describe a picnic you had in a public place.