IELTS Cue Card Sample 182 - Describe the place where you grew up
- Last Updated: Friday, 25 November 2016 03:19
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 13250
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe the place where you grew up.
You should say:
- Describe the town or city where you grew up.
- Do you still live there now?
- Does your family still live there?
and say if you think the place has changed much since you were young.
I was born in a beautiful urban area called (...say the name of the place where you were born and spent your childhood...) and spent my childhood as well as adolescence there. This is a small urban area in the north part of the country. After I finished my college education, I moved to the capital city of the country for the university education. I am no longer living in my hometown but I often go there to visit my parents and other family members who still live there.
Farming was the main occupation of people which is no longer true and people now have diverse occupations. The numbers of fields and open spaces have gone down. People are widely accepting the modern technology and businesses have expanded. The motorised transportations have replaced the manual ways of travelling. The lifestyle and fashions among the teenage generation seem very different than they used to be and the educational infrastructure and facilities have improved significantly than the time I had been there.
Similar Cue Card Topics
- Describe your hometown.
- Describe the place where you lived in your childhood.
- Describe a memorable event in your childhood.
- Describe a place you like to visit.
- Describe a beautiful place you have visited.