IELTS Cue Card Sample 200 - Describe what you want to do in the future
- Last Updated: Saturday, 22 October 2016 12:44
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 19246
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe what you want to do in the future.
You should say:
- what is it
- when you want to do it
- how you want to achieve it
and explain why you want to do it.
Everybody has a plan for future. Though future is uncertain and many times unpredictable, I believe that to some extent our future depends on our actions on past and present. In the future, I want to run a mega shopping mall business where my involvement would not be mandatory to run the daily business and I would enjoy my time by visiting different places of the world.
After I finished my graduation, I started working for a small company. Now I am working for a large multinational company I have planned to work till I become 36 and then I will take early retirement. The money I will inherit and the amount I am currently saving per month should allow me to start a business. I have planned to start a big shopping mall. I will have my close relatives as the employees and authorities of the business and initially I will work in this shopping mall for 2-3 years to make it run smoothly. When the business would go on with its own path, I will enjoy my vacation and would visit different renowned and beautiful cities of the world. I will visit Asia, Europe, Russia and many more places.
Hopefully, I will enjoy the retirement and the trips. Though I am not sure about the future but I have already planned for it. Because I believe proper planning and initiation is the half of the total task and fulfilling dream. I have already taken some steps towards achieving my future plan.
Tips for answering this Cue Card Questions:
You can mention what you want to do anytime in the future. This topic has not asked that what you would do after you get 50 or so. For this, you can even talk about things you are planning to do in the near future. A very good answer to this topic can be "I want to go to a foreign country to finish my Masters and PhD from a reputed university and then return to my country and start a business/ to do a job.
Following are some of the ideas for you to pick from to answer this topic:
- I will migrate to a foreign country and start my career there.
- I will run a small business in my hometown.
- I will establish a school in my hometown.
- I will take my early retirement and visit different places.
- I will fully spend my time with my family members and would do the farming
- I will start a job and would work as an executive.
- I will purchase a house at my hometown and would start living there.
If you prepare for this cue card topic you should be able to answer the following cue card topics also:
1. Describe your future plan.
2. Describe what you will do after your retirement.
3. Describe a thing that you want to do in the future.
4. Talk about your plan for a business.
5. Describe what you want to do in the future.
6. Describe one of your dreams.
7. Describe a plan you have.