General Training Reading Sample 17
- Last Updated: Friday, 23 September 2016 21:53
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 13857
WORK & TRAVEL USA
Only $1950 will make It all happen!
This unbeatable program fee includes:
• return flight from Sydney to Los Angeles (onward travel in the USA not included)
• 3 months' insurance cover
• 2 nights' accommodation on arrival plus meet and greet and airport transfer
• arrival orientation by experienced InterExchange staff
• visa application fees
You also have:
• access to a J l visa enabling you to work in the USA
• an extensive directory of employers
• InterExchange support throughout the program
• 24-hour emergency support throughout the length of the program
InterExchange has 50 years' experience in international student exchange programs. 18,000 students from around the world travel yearly to the USA on this very program. InterExchange con also offers you work opportunities in other countries.
WHAT IS INTEREXCHANGE?
InterExchange, one of the world's leading operators of international exchange programs and related services:
• is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation
• has 700 professional staff in 30 countries worldwide
• was founded in 1947
InterExchange operates these programs for students all around the world. It offers you trained and travelled staff, plus full support during the application process. You can choose any job that interests you anywhere in the USA, whether that is working in a law firm in Boston, a famous ski resort in Colorado or serving coffee and doughnuts in the buzzing streets of New York. You can select the period you work and the period you travel; you may want to work for 1 month and travel for 3 or work the entire duration of your stay. The choice is yours.
YOU CAN TAKE UP THIS OPPORTUNITY IF YOU ARE:
• a full-time student at an Australian university or TAFE college
• presently enrolled, or finishing this year, or you have deferred a year of study
• over 18 years old by November in the academic year in which you apply to InterExchange
• enthusiastic about the experience of a lifetime ...
|File edit View Go Communicator Help|
|CONTENTS: ARTHUR PHILLIP COLLEGE|
|A about Arthur Phillip College||G learning methods|
|B entry requirements||H course fees|
|C orientation for new students||I study commitment|
|D academic counselling service||J assessment and results|
|E credit courses to university||K social activities and clubs|
|F assistance for international students||L what's new|
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the advertisement.
In boxes 15-20 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
15. The program cost includes internal flights within the USA.
16. Emergency assistance offered in the program includes legal advice.
17. InterExchange offers similar programs in countries other than the USA.
18. InterExchange is part of a government program.
19. There are no restrictions on the type of job you can do.
20. There is an upper age limit for applicants.
Each of the short paragraphs below (21-27) gives information about Arthur Phillip College.
Read each paragraph and choose which of the linked sections of the website, A-L, would contain this information.
Write the correct letter A-L in boxes 21-17 on your answer sheet.
21. All students receive a transcript of results and relevant award documentation when they end their studies with the College.
22. On enrolment, all students receive automatic membership to the Social Club and Public Speaking Club. Students may choose to participate in any arranged activities. The College encourages and promotes interaction between students and teaching and non-teaching staff.
23. Successful completion and the achievement of an A or B result in some courses will enable students to achieve advanced standing in these subjects if they proceed to university study. For a list of the courses acceptable to a particular university, e-mail us your request with the name of the university and the course you are interested in.
24. Arthur Phillip College is one of the top business colleges in Sydney, Australia. The College offers a wide range of educational and training programs in business and related areas. Its accredited vocational training courses are designed to meet the needs of individual students and industry.
25. At Arthur Phillip College you will learn from lectures, seminars, case studies, group projects, individual assignments and class workshops. Lectures and seminars present concepts and ideas and provide for question-and-answer sessions. Students are expected to take an active role in the learning process through class participation, presentations and projects.
26. Courses at Arthur Phillip College involve an average of 25 hours per week of tuition time, with supervised group study accounting for a further 5 hours per week. At least 10 hours per week of individual study is also recommended for most courses.
27. During this program, you will meet the Director of Studies, teachers and key administrative staff such as the Accommodation Officer and Student Counsellor so that, right from your first day, you will know how each of them can help you during your time at the College.