Academic IELTS Writing task 1 Sample 91 - The chart below show the different levels of post-school qualifications in Australia
- Last Updated: Saturday, 24 October 2015 12:44
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 13512
» You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The chart below show the different levels of post-school qualifications in Australia and the proportion of men and women who held them in 1999.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
» You should write at least 150 words.
Sample Answer 1:
The given illustration depicts the post-graduation qualification of Australian male and female in 1999. As is observed, female were more in numbers in case of undergraduate diploma and bachelor degree while male outnumbered female in all other levels.
In this chart, almost 90% of males are having the skilled vocational diploma, while only approximately 10% of females are having the same qualifications. In contrast, nearly 70% of women obtain the qualifications of undergraduate diploma, which the number is twice larger than the number in males. However, the percentages of females and males who graduate from universities are similar, which are around 55% and 45%, respectively. After getting a degree or diploma in theuniversities or colleges, it seems that males prefer to keep enhancing their knowledge or skills in schools. The chart also indicates that no matter postgraduate diploma or master’s degree, more males are likely to study for. Near 70% of males are holding the postgraduate diploma and 60% men graduated from graduate programs. For females, only 30% have already studied for obtaining the qualification of postgraduate diploma. For the master’s degree, 40% of women already hold the qualifications.
[ Written by - Veta ]
Sample Answer 2:
The given bar graph compares the male and female post-school degree qualified persons in Australia for the year 1999. As is presented in the graph, more male achieved their post-school degrees in skilled vocational diploma, Masters Degree, Postgraduate Diploma than female while more female achieved Undergraduate Diploma and Bachelor Degree than their male counterpart.
According to the data given in the chart, Australian male and female who achieved their post-school degrees in 1999 were classified in five categories. Female pot-school qualified surpassed the male in Undergraduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Diploma and in Undergraduate Diploma the percentage of female was 70% compared to the only 35% male. Male were predominating in percentage for the Master’s degree, Postgraduate Diploma and Skilled Vocational Diploma. 90% male completed skilled vocational diploma and remaining 10% was female.
In summary, male completed Vocational Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and Masters degree more than female did and female outnumbered the male in Undergraduate Diploma, and Bachelor Diploma. Though more female completed their Bachelor Degree, the percentage decreased in Masters Degree level where 60% male completed it.
Sample Answer 3:
The bar chart compares data of five different levels of educational attainment among men and women living in Australia in the year 1999. Overall, what stands out from the graph is that three out of five levels of post graduate education was mostly attended by men namely; post-graduate diploma, skilled vocational diploma and masters degree.
As can be seen from the given data, on the other hand those who had post graduate diploma were dominated by women with figures of 70% which doubled the number of men in that category. Moreover, half of those who finished bachelors degree were also females with just over 5 % ahead of males. Another highlight of the graph, is that there was a remarkable number of men,90%, who took up skilled vocational diploma course which left women to only just a tenth.
As a whole, it is clear in the graph that there was an average of nearly half of the Australian men and women population, held a certain post school qualification in the period in question.
[ Written by - Kenny Boy ]