IELTS Cue Card Sample 576 - A place in another part of the world that you would love to visit
- Last Updated: Thursday, 30 November 2017 16:08
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 2138
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a place in another part of the world that you would love to visit in the future.
You should say:
- what you know about the place
- how you know about it
- how you would go there
and explain why you would love to visit that place.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Bali Island is one of the most charming places in the world and is located in Indonesia. This is a beautiful place indeed to visit. The island is also famous for its mountains formed from volcanic eruptions many years ago, the splendid beach, sunset scenes, coral reefs, temples, resort towns and many more attractive spots. The most important thing is that this is a perfect place for relaxation. The island is also famous for the meditation and yoga practice. I would like to thank you for this nice cue card topic.
I came to know about the island first from a US magazine where an article was published about the island. I came to know about the beach views and the geographical characteristics of the island which is really interesting. Besides, visiting the island was also beneficial for mental health. All the matters made me interested to gather more information about this island. Finding no other ways, I took help from Google as well to know more about it. What I found later was amazing.
Visiting the island is not very difficult for me. In fact, I will need to obtain a tourist visa from the Indonesian Embassy here in San Francisco. I hope I will get the visa if I could submit the proper documents and explain my purposes of visiting the country. There are no other ways to travel there except the aeroplane. So, I also will need to book the fight with a return ticket.
Generally, I love to enjoy the natural views and have already visited many of the parts of the USA. Therefore, now I would like to visit the other parts of the world in immediate. As part of the visit, I am making plans to visit the places in the Bali Island is on the top of the list for its distinguished features and exotic locations.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a place in another part of the world that you would love to visit in the future.
1. Buckingham Palace is a great one to visit in England. This is the residence of the monarch of the country and also the administrative headquarters. The palace is located in Westminster. I came to know about it from the general knowledge book. To visit the place, I have to collect my passport and visa for England. Besides, I also may need permissions to enter the palace. This is a nice place and related to numerous history. So, I would love visiting there.
2. Darwin is a wonderful place in Australia. The coastline of the city looks wonderful. The sandy sea beach is always filled with the crowd. I was browsing a website to know about beautiful places in Australia and it appeared before me. Australia is far away from my own land. I live in South Africa. So, I will need to arrange for many things to make it come true. I want to visit the place to enjoy the beauties of the country.
3. The Red Fort is located in Delhi and a historical place as well. The fort has been used as the residence of Mughal emperors in their regime. An Indian friend of mine told me about the establishment. Visiting the fort is not easy. At first, I have to go Delhi from New York City. Then I will need my friend’s help to reach the fort. So far, I heard that it was a historical place and different attractive relics are there. So, I would love to go there.
4. South Korea has some special things to explore and the N Seoul Tower is one of them. Officially the tower is known as the YTN Seoul Tower. The Seoul Tower is the second highest point in the country. A recent article about the tower informed me all the information. Visiting the country is a bit troublesome for me from Britain. But I have a plan to go there somehow. This is a very attractive place and a perfect position for observation. So, I want to go there.
5. Neelum Valley in Pakistan is a wonderful place to visit around the year. The place is under the Azad Kashmir area – on the opposite of India occupied Kashmir. The valley is around 240 kilometres in length. This is beautiful land indeed and the entire locality is a blue gem in a practical sense. After reading an article on Kashmir, I came to know about the area. Managing visa for Pakistan would be hard for me. I have seen some photos and they were magnificent. So, I would like to go there.
If you can talk about this cue card topic, you should be able to answer the following topics as well:
1. Describe your favourite place.
2. Describe a place you would like to visit in the future.
3. Describe a place near river or sea.
4. Describe a worth visiting place in your city.
5. Talk about a place you liked visiting.
6. Describe a city in your country.
7. Describe a place you went with your parents in your childhood.