IELTS Cue Card Sample 595 - Describe a street that you enjoyed visiting
- Last Updated: Monday, 13 November 2017 17:47
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 3238
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a street that you enjoyed visiting.
You should say:
- where it was
- how it looked like
- what you did there
and explain why you enjoyed visiting this street.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
My recent business trip to California was a grand success and I had some leisurely hours to spend in the city. So, I went to see some of the notable locations of the city. And I saw the Hollywood Boulevard. It was one of the most impressive streets I have ever seen. The street was decorated with nice buildings and signs and interconnected with some other streets as well. It was a charming experience for me. This is a standard cue card for me and I am happy with the candidate task questions.
This is an outstanding boulevard in the city. The street runs through the Hollywood to some other adjacent directions, and on its way, it interconnected with some other streets that lead to many other places. But I liked this street more than the other streets for some reason. And the street is exceptional than the other streets of the city. The street is well decorated with palm trees and some traditional buildings which have raised the beauty of the street more.
I went there to see the street actually. I heard the name of the street when I was a kid and this time I got the chance of visiting this place. So, I did not want to miss that chance of visiting the street. I stood in a corner of the street and gazed at the structure standing on the side of the street.
I liked to visit the street for some particular reasons. First of all, the street was a major tourist attraction in the city. Besides, the street views were excellent and I was entertained with the history of the street that was formerly known as Prospect Avenue. I also took some photos by posing near some trees in the middle of the street.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card topic:
Cue Card Topic: Describe a street that you enjoyed visiting.
1. Pennsylvania Avenue is located in Washington D.C. and considered as the Main street of America. The street connects the capitol building with the White House. A section of the street is mostly used for numerous purposes like celebrations etc. I enjoyed a lot when I was there.
2. I went at the Sitabuldi Main Road in Nagpur, Maharashtra for some shopping. Actually, the street is famous for shopping and a great destination for tourists. The stores sell different types of clothes, shoe, and many other accessories.
3. George Street is one of the attractive streets of Sydney. The Street is also the busiest one even in the present day and a linkage among many other city streets. The Street occupies a good number of renowned buildings and leads to different destinations.
4. England is a historical country and many of the streets are connected with history too. Shambles is one of them and the Street is located in York. This is a great medieval street in England and has been mentioned in many kinds of literary works too.
5. Shopping at the Tahlia Street was a wonderful experience for me. This is mostly a shopping street in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. The Street is occupied with departmental stores and branded shops. In fact, this is the heart of Jeddah.
6. Bugis Street in Singapore is a wonderful one to visit. It is a historical street too and been named after the first settlers in the locality. Buginese traders from Indonesia first settled here and now many strange activities take place here.
7. I loved the Hollywood Road in Hong Kong. This is a wide street and runs towards different other locations. This is the second road on the island and now has become an important one for its excessive use.
8. Takeshita Street is a wonder in Japan. The street is filled with dozens of shops and cafes where the visitors can have their own delicacies and varied types of clothing. The street is mostly visited by young people to get their clothing.
9. Thailand is a popular tourist destination and Khao San Road is a nice place to visit there. This is, in fact, a famous street in the Southeast Asia for its street food and other cultures. The street is lively both in days and night.
Similar other cue card topics that you should be able to answer with your preparation for this cue card topic:
1. Describe a place you have recently been to.
2. Describe a place you want to visit again.
3. Describe a place where you frequently go with your friends.
4. Describe one of your favourite places to hang out with friends.
5. Describe a place where a lot of people gather.
6. Describe a beautiful street in your hometown.
7. Describe a place where you used to spend time with friends but you no longer go to.
8. Describe an unusual place you have recently been to.