IELTS Cue Card Sample 44 - Describe a child you know
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 23:43
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 37756
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a child you know.
You should say:
- Who the child is
- How you know him/her
- How you act with the child
and explain why you like/ dislike this child.
- Describe your childhood.
- What are the responsibilities of parents to help the children grow up properly?
My grandfather had been the father of six children and later on when they became parents, the family grew up quite large. In our joint family there are several children and among them, the youngest boy of my elder sister is the one I'd like to talk about. He is 4-5 years old and is my most favourite nephew. His name is Abraham and I call him Nir. I still remember the day he came to this world and I chose to name him Abraham. He lives with his parents in a different city and they visit us almost 3-4 times each year.
From his childhood, he was very cute and adorable. I loved him very much and because of my affection towards him, he became very fond of me. I usually see him with an interval of 3/4 months and each time I get the feeling that he has grown up more.
We often play hide-and-seek and cricket together with other people and kids. He loves to listen to the ghost stories, adventurous stories and fairy stories. While their stay at our home, he stays with me at night and I tell him bedtime stories. We often go to walk in the field, go to open places like parks, near river and forest. He likes ice-cream and I buy him chips, ice-creams and chocolates. He loves sweet and hates to eat any pungent food. I often cuddle him, make fun with him and play with him.
My affection and love for him are very profound and I love to spend time with him.
Tips for answering this cue card topic:
This cue card asks you to talk about a child whom you know. So this child can be someone from your family, a neighbouring child, a child of your relative or can be even your own kid 9 if you have one!). If this is a kid from your family, it is expected that you know his/ her name so mention his/her name and if this child from your neighbour mention who the parents are how you know about them.
- To give identity of the kids and to give details mention the following points:
- His/ her name.
- Parents' names & relationship with you.
- How old the kid is.
- How s/he looks.
- How he interacts with you
- How you treat him/her.
- How often you see and interact him/her.
- How you feel about this kid.
- What you do with this kid.
If you talk about a kid who is less than 2 years old, there would be very little to talk about him/her. Try to talk about a child of 5-7 years old and thus you would be able to give details about him/her, how s/he interacts with you, how you treat him/ her etc.
If you can talk about this topic you should be able to talk about the following cue cards as well:
1. Describe someone in your family.
2. Describe someone you really like.
3. Describe someone you often play with.
4. Describe a kid you know.
5. Talk about a neighbouring child you know.
6. Describe a child you really love to spend time with.
7. Describe one of your relatives.