IELTS Cue Card Sample 216 - Describe a historical event that you find interesting
- Last Updated: Saturday, 22 October 2016 13:19
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 7293
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a historical event that you find interesting.
You should say:
- When it took place
- What historic connection it has
- How it impacted the history
And explain why you find it interesting.
- What things do people learn during history lessons?
- Do you prefer to read about international or local history?
- Why do you think some people find history a boring and difficult subject?
The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in 1914, in my opinion, is a historical event that I find interesting. This single event resulted one of the most devastating wars known as the First World War.
This significant historical event took place on 28th June 1914 when six assassins shot him and his wife dead on that day and that created a great hit in the world, especially in Europe.
There was a political objective of this assassination and that was to break down the Austria- Hungary’s provinces to form a greater Serbia. Because of this event, the world and political condition in Europe got unrested and thus the event caused the First World War.
I specifically find this event interesting because of the political motivation, planning and aftermath this event has. Though this seems like an ordinary assassination, yet it caused one of the most deadly wars in the world because of which millions of people died.
Similar Cue Card Topics
Your ability to talk about this Cue Card would enable you to talk about the following Cue Cards as well:
- Describe a historical event.
- Describe a major celebration in your country.
- Describe an event that you think is interesting.
- Describe an internationally important day.