IELTS Cue Card Sample 360 - Describe a thing you bought for which you had to save money
- Last Updated: Thursday, 27 October 2016 22:43
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 4931
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a thing you bought for which you had to save money.
You should say:
- what it was
- how long you saved money for it
- how you saved the money
and explain how you felt after you bought it.
There were a lot of things that I had to save money for, but the one that I can remember very clearly was my first laptop. It was ten years ago when I was in the first year of university. I wanted to buy a laptop for my study; however, my parents would only pay for a desk computer, which was much cheaper at the time. So I had to save up the gap between a PC and a laptop, which was a huge gap for a uni student.
But I was determined to save up for my laptop, so I started to work part time as a private English tutor for high school students. The hourly rate was generous, but because I only had 2 students, I was not able to save up as quickly as I wished. Because I lived on the campus, so I could not cut down my accommodation cost. Instead, I cut my food spending, so for a few months, I did not have proper dinner.
I felt like I had done everything I can to save up as quickly as possible, but in the end, it still took me almost a year. Because I had put so much effort in it, I felt incredibly proud when I finally had my laptop in my hands.
[ by - Huan Ruan ]
Similar Cue Card Topics
Your ability to talk about this Cue Card would enable you to talk about the following Cue Cards as well:
- Describe something very special you own.
- Describe an electronic gadget or tool you bought.
- Describe a gift or presents you got.
- Describe an important possession you have.
- Describe something you use regularly.
- Describe something expensive you bought.
- Describe something important you bought by yourself.