IELTS Cue Card Sample 2 - Your favorite restaurant
- Last Updated: Monday, 05 May 2014 19:10
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 3322
IELTS Speaking... Cue Card
Describe your favorite Restaurant.
You should say:
- Where it is
- What it looks like inside and outside
- What kinds of foods they serve
What makes this restaurant so special to you and others
- Which one is better: home-made foods or foods from restaurant?
- What traditional foods do you have in your country?
- What are the tourist attractions in your city?
Cue card Answer:
Thank you very much for giving me the chance to talk about my favourite restaurant. The name of my favourite restaurant is (say the name of the restaurant you are going to talk about) and it’s situated at the centre of the city I am currently living in. Not only I like the spacious, serene environment, tasty menus that the restaurant serves, but I have lots of memory related to this restaurant. I remember that my parents celebrated some of my birthday parties there, our college friends arranged the get-together parties, one of my cousins’ marriage ceremony was celebrated there and similarly I attended lots of other parties at this very restaurant.
The restaurant has 3 floors and the sitting arrangement is quite nice. Paintings of famous artists have been hung on the walls and the place is quite neat and clean. The interior decoration is charming and gorgeous feeling. The ground floor is spacious and can accommodate more than 50 car parking. The front view of the restaurant is different as the place gives the impression of an urban garden.
The restaurant offers several dishes including exotic deserts, ice-creams and also offers a separate place for the kids to play and have fun. The prices are reasonable and the foods are served quickly as opposed to some other restaurants where you will have to wait for a long for your foods to appear on your table. The waiters and other staffs are friendly and welcoming. The restaurant offers Chinese, Italian, Indian, Thai, Pakistani and local menus that gives you a wide ranges and options to pick from. The soft background music and instrumentals make the environment more enjoyable and soothing. The tables are not congested and people can chat over their personal topics without interruption. The long glass made windows offer the city view which makes the place worth visiting besides the delicious foods. The place must be a good place to be as I often found the foreign tourists visiting the restaurant. The authority lets the customers provide their feedbacks and comments on foods and the place and as I have noticed they take prompt action on a customer complaint.
In short, this is a really nice restaurant to go and enjoy the delicious meals.
Tips for answering this Cue Card Sample:
You should talk about a restaurant that you know about. Do not pick a renowned restaurant that you know very little. You are free to describe the interior design, service, external environment, dishes served of the restaurant the way you like. It does not have to be an exact match with the restaurant you actually go a lot. You should add some of your memorable events of this restaurant. Some of the common features that people like about a restaurants are:
1. Delicious dishes.
2. Reasonable price.
3. Easy to go there from home.
4. Quiet and nice environment.
5. Attractive decoration and view.
6. Playground for kids.
7. Open space.
9. Service and behaviour of the staffs.
10. Special treats for the regular customer.
11. Variety of foods.
12. Past memory related to the restaurant.
13. Recommendation from friends and family members.
14. Discounts, etc.
In your answer you can use the above mentioned points.
If you are prepared for this cue card sample you should be able to answer the following cue cards as well:
1. Talk about a place you often go to. (You can say that you often go to this restaurant)
2. Describe a place you would recommend your friends to visit.
3. Describe a party centre you went recently.
4. Describe a restaurant you recently visited.
5. Talk about a place where you often meet your friends.