IELTS Cue Card Sample 31 - Describe a happy event of your life
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 18:52
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 26137
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a happy event of your life.
You should talk about:
- What the event was
- When it occurred
- Why it was a memorable and happy event for you
And give any details of the event.
- What makes people happy?
- Do you believe money can bring happiness in life?
- Why childhood is the best time for so many people?
There are numerous happy events in my life that I can recall and among those, I would like to talk about the day that I was blessed with a little sister. This was an event that I still recall vividly. I was then only 7-8 years old and when I saw a little angel was crying on my mother's lap, I became the happiest man in the world. I was the only son of my parents and when I heard that I will have another sibling, I got very excited and I was counting days when this brother/ sister of mine will come. I speculated and imagined lots of things I would do with my sibling. The day that my sister came into the world was one of the happiest days of my life.
For the first time, I felt a strong urge to kiss this little fairy child. She was so beautiful and adorable that I thanked God for the gift. My mother asked me to hold her and kiss her but I was afraid to touch her as I thought that might hurt her. I felt like I was flying on that day. My mother gave birth of the baby in a hospital and I was so happy and attached to the event that I denied returning home at night. I stayed in the hospital cabin for about 4-5 days till my mother and sister came home. I came back home with the most precious gift of the world.
Tips for answering this Cue card topic:
- Someone gave you a gift.
- One of your birthday celebrations.
- You did a mentionable thing which was appreciated by others.
- Your academic achievement like getting a scholarship or doing remarkably well in academic exams/ public exams.
- You got the news to get admitted in an educational institute where you dreamed of studying.
- You did something for the first time in like swimming, cycling, driving etc.
- One of your relatives got healed from a disease.
- You got a job.
- Your father/mother gave you a gift.
- A newborn was born in your family.
- You overcome an obstacle or bad habit you had.
- You went to visit a new country/ city/ recreational place/ historic place.
- You helped someone and s/he was very grateful for you.
- News related to you was published in a newspaper or was broadcasted on the TV.
- You were granted a scholarship/ admission in a college/ university.