IELTS Cue Card Sample 38 - Describe a foreign country you have planned to visit
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 20:54
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 21252
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a foreign country you have planned to visit.
You should say:
- Where the country is
- When you are planning to visit there
- Why you have planned to go there
And give details of your planning to visit the country.
- Say something about the tourism development in your country, facility, services and the effect on the environment.
- What is the importance of travel and tourism industry?
- What do you think the function of tourist guides?
- What steps should Government take to make the Tourism more attractive to foreigners?
I have planned to visit Greece after my graduation is done. I have a relative there and he has invited me to visit his family several times. Earlier this year when I was promoted to the final year of my graduation, I have planned to visit at least one foreign country just after my graduation day. I have considered many countries and finally planned to visit Greece. It is a country in southern Europe and has around 11 million populations.
I have planned to visit Greece in the middle of the next year and would stay there for about one month. The relative I have there is my maternal uncle and he lives at Athens with his family. There is a good chance that I will be staying with them during my visit there. Greece is a culturally rich country that offers the visitors and tourists a lot of amazing activities, splendid sceneries, museums, diverse culture and so on. The museums, archaeological sites and the tours offer the chance to closely know the history of this country. The islands are the main characteristic of Greece’s morphology and have become a big part of their custom and culture.
There are 2-3 main reasons I would like to visit the country. First, the invitation to visit my maternal uncle has been pending for several years and I thought it a good chance to meet them. Second, I am a big fan of mythology and Greek mythology was one of my most interesting readings for the last few years. Those stories have been so profoundly entertaining and thought-provoking and suddenly I found a great desire to visit the place in person. Though things have changed there with time but the archaeological sites and museum would walk a visitor through the past and present and would amaze them.
This is an ideal place to stay and enjoy. This is a country of crossroad colour of culture, history, diversity, the warmth of friendliness, expectation, discover and expedition. For all those reasons I have decided to visit Greece in the next year.
Tips for answering this Cue Card Question:
- I have been planning to visit this country for a long.
- I will go there with my friends /family members and all of us looking forward to being there.
- We have surf internet to know about the interesting and famous tourists spots there and we have a rough planning about the places we will visit and the things we will do there.
- One of our relatives stay there and that's why it would be easier for us to get help there.
- This is already a famous tourist’s destination and we will stay there for more than 2 weeks so that we can extensively travel there.
- We are attracted to the culture and custom of this country and would definitely enjoy our stay.
- As part of our planning to visit this country we have already done a rough estimation and planned our budget for it.
- We have heard about this country and their culture and tourists spots.