Cue Card Sample
IELTS Cue Card Sample 446 - A movie you would like to watch again
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 October 2020 14:51
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 42419
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a movie you would like to watch again.
You should say:
- what movie it was and what it was about
- when and where you watched it
- who you watched it with
and explain why you would like to watch it again.
Model Answer 1:
I have watched many movies which are simply outstanding in its every true sense, but very few of them really has managed to stick to my mind like the Spaghetti Western movie called “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”. By the way, Spaghetti Western is a subgenre of movies that were basically made in Italy but set in the 19th-century American West.
Regarded as one of the all-time international box office successes, this legendary film was released in the year of 1966 by and created by an Italian film director called Sergio Leone. The plot in this movie mainly revolves around three gunslingers who are competing to find a fortune in a buried cache of Confederate gold amid the violent chaos of the American Civil War (specifically the New Mexico Campaign in 1862), while participating in many battles and duels along the way.
In this movie, the first man (Clint Eastwood) can be seen as an ex-bounty hunter and a forgiving person knows the name of the cemetery in which the gold is buried, the second, who is a fast-tempered greedy man knows the name on the grave. But the third person, a cruel cold-blooded murderer, knows none. So he has to reach the gold in his own way of finding something.
Anyway, I watched this movie for the first time during my late high school years about 15 years ago at a movie theatre with a couple of my friends. But, little did I know back then that I would become so crazy about this movie that I would end up watching it dozens of time.
Anyway, I would like to watch this movie again because it had brought one of my most favourite Hollywood stars called Clint Eastwood into stardom. I would watch it again also because this is one of the very few western masterpieces (if not the best western movie of all time) where the plot of the movie is extremely clever and always unpredictable for the whole three hours of its time.
Sample Answer 2:
‘Saving Private Ryan’- directed by Steven Spielberg, is the movie I would like to watch again. As I recall I watched this movie about 12 years ago when I was in high school. This was an outstanding movie with a compelling storyline, set during World War II. I enjoyed this movie quite a lot and this was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I watched this movie on our DVD player with two of my friends. On a weekend I rented this movie and invited Patrick and Stephen to watch it at our home.
This movie tells the story of the invasion of Normandy in World War 2. It is considered an epic war drama film and it shows notable graphics and depiction of wars. This is indeed the kind of film that most of the viewers are bound to like. This film has got many positive criticisms and won many international awards.
Personally, I liked it so much because of its high-quality production, realistic portrayals of war, praiseworthy acting, notable casting and historic significance. I believe that this movie easily qualifies to be listed in someone’s all-time favourite movies and watching it again would not be less enjoyable by any means.
Patrick and Stephen are both working full time- Patrick as a lawyer and Stephen as an investment banker. A few months back we hung out together and we agreed that we will enjoy a day off together just for the old time’s sake. We also agreed that we will spend our time at home just like we used to do in our high school days. Then I proposed to select a movie to watch and finally we decided to watch this movie again.
Personally, I am a fan of Steven Spielberg movies and ‘Saving Private Ryan’ is one of his best works. I am sure I will enjoy this movie again with my two close friends, as much as I did at a young age.
Sample Answer 3:
I have watched a good number of movies but none of them was so splendid like the movie '12 Angry Men'. I believe this was one of the best movies I have ever watched in my life and I also would like to watch it again.
The movie – 12 Angry Men is a noir thriller movie. The movie was produced in 1957 and gained much popularity for its brilliant plot and cast performance. The movie was about a trial where a slum boy was alleged to kill his father. There were 12 jurors who were assigned to run the trial and come to a verdict. But at a certain point, one of the jurymen was convinced that there was enough doubt to be sure that the boy actually killed the father. He was thus against condemning the boy of the murder. He started breaking down the allegations against the boy. In fact, none of the evidence was strong enough to prove the boy guilty. The Jurors were divided into two groups and after lots of hot words and logical exchanges, they come to the point that the boy was not guilty. Finally, all of the jurors voted the boy as ‘not guilty’.
I watched the movie back in 2010 when I was travelling in Delhi. I went there for some business purposes and had to travel on the train for two days. So, to pass the time, I took some movies on my laptop. It was the first movie that was on the list. So, I watched it on the train. But watching the movie on a fast-moving train was not so easy. The train was vibrating at its extreme speed and in line with the shake, my laptop was unsteady. So, often I had to get a closer look at the screen. Besides, it was impossible to listen to the dialogues as the noise prevented the sounds from reaching out my ear perfectly. Luckily I had my mobile phone headphone with me that I used on the laptop.
I was travelling with my team. We were four in number and reserved a first-class cabin on the train. But none of them was interested in watching the movie on the train. Rather they preferred playing cards. So, I had to watch the movie alone. It was a boon for me. Because of the external noise, I could not listen to the dialogues and in such case, if I had to share the headphone, I could not comfortably enjoy the movie. In fact, sharing a small-sized laptop is really challenging in ordinary situations, and if it is in a train compartment, the troubles increase.
I would like to watch the movie again for some special reasons. Firstly, I could not completely enjoy the movie on a train. So, I have a curiosity to watch it again. Besides, the movie plot is very special and dramatic. Though this was a thriller movie, I think the dramatic elements are more. While watching, I also guessed that the slum boy was guilty of the charges pressed against him were almost true. But the allegations were turned down by the jury 8. He argued favouring the boy. Though he was criticised by the other jurors for backing the hapless boy, he did not give up. At last, he proved that the boy was not guilty. The event touched me severely. I think some sort of social messages has been delivered with the movie. So, I think I should watch the movie '12 Angry Men' again to have a better understanding.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a movie you would like to watch again.
1. I watched 'Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark' a couple of years ago and the movie was about recovering some historically important archaeological artefacts from a distant place. I watched the movie at my cousin’s home here in Thailand. And two of my cousins were present with me then. I want to watch the movie again because it was highly interesting. And the performance of the artists was exceedingly attractive that I cannot forget their expressions.
2. The experience was admirable when I first saw the movie – 'For a Few Dollars More'. It was a western movie dealing with some of the contemporary issues at the time of filming it. I watched the movie at my university dormitory in Paris. Some of my friends were with me at that time. I want to watch the movie again because of the action scenes, especially the gunfights. Actually, the time that is reflected in the movie was filled with excitements and killing people was a minor issue while some people went against the trend.
3. 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' was an excellent movie that I want to watch again. A couple of stories are blended together in this movie and is led by an indigenous man who is surprised by the modern inventions. Tom arrived at my home and we watched the movie together here in Vietnam. I want to watch the movie again because it was a highly entertaining one. The hilarious events and the movie plot were thrilling indeed.
4. The memories are vivid in my mind when I watched 'The Godfather'. This is a drama movie and was about the inner events of a mafia family – how the family chief experienced his ups and downs, and many more events that make him the don and the consequences of plots against him and his family. I watched the movie with my wife here in Brussels. And I want to watch it again because I could not completely enjoy the movie then. In fact, being a sluggish plot, my wife was in a hurry to complete it shortly. So, I want to enjoy it alone now.
5. My ideas about Thai Martial Arts changed after watching 'Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior'. The movie was about saving an artefact of a remote village in Thailand and a village warrior started the journey to bring the artefact back. I watched the movie on a satellite television channel while visiting a relative in Osaka in Japan. Some of my younger cousins were present with me there. I would like to watch it again because I could not complete watching the movie then and had to leave the place. So, I want to complete it.