IELTS Cue Card Sample 463 - A place where you want to have a home
- Last Updated: Friday, 20 November 2020 15:26
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 36506
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a beautiful place where you want to have a home.
You should say:
- where this place is
- how you know about this place
- what type of home you want there
and explain why you would choose to live there.
Model Answer 1:
Thank you for this great cue card topic. I think that everybody wants to have his or her home in a beautiful place, and I am no exception.
Anyway, the beautiful place, where I would prefer my home to be, is called “Nelson”. Nelson is a small city in New Zealand but it is certainly one of the most spectacularly stunning cities in the world. In fact, I have fallen in love with this beautiful city after visiting it for the first time about a few years ago.
Prior to visiting this gorgeous city, of course, I had already learned a great deal about it by reading different kinds of magazines on travel and leisure, as well as by watching international travel news on TV, but learning about the place from reading magazines or watching TV was not even remotely as exciting as visiting the place.
Talking about my home, I want to have a moderately large home so that I won’t really have to struggle to maintain it. It would have 4 rooms, with a large kitchen and a large living room. While I want my home to have all kinds of modern amenities, I also want to have some touch of nature in it by having some vines and climbing plants on the walls of my living room. I also want to have varieties of flowers in all the balconies. Besides, the windows of my rooms will be large so that enough sunshine and air can enter my home as often as possible.
Anyway, I would choose to live in this place because it is a smaller city, but this gives it that familiar small-town feel. It is sunny year-round, with some of the best weather in New Zealand, so I won’t really have to worry about the cold weather. The landscape is just as spectacular as the weather, which allows for plenty of outdoors opportunities. Besides, the fact that the town is surrounded by lakes, mountains, rivers and beaches, also makes it a perfect place for living.
Sample Answer 2:
This is a nice topic to talk about. I have been dreaming for a long to have a home of my own, where I will have absolute freedom to live in and the place would be a nice one, close to nature. Moreover, the home decoration would be according to my choice and everything would be picked by me.
Well, this dream house would be near the hill which is around 2 kilometres away from my current living place. This hill is one of the most beautiful places in our hometown and I would pick this place to build my dream home. There are numerous hills and tea gardens in this locality and I would specifically choose a tall hill where I would be able to build a small home with pine woods. The flat top of the hills would allow me to build a home and a large portion of this place would be used for gardening and farming.
I know this place from my childhood. This is a naturally beautiful place where I went for the first time with my family for a picnic. I was around 12 years old at that time. We had our lunch in the hilltop area where 3-4 farmer families used to live. The idea of having a home there was formed in my mind at that time. I have visited this place several times later on and the serenity and beauty of hills, river, tea gardens and simple lifestyles of the inhabitants appealed me a lot each time.
I would build a wooden home that would have 4 rooms. One for my bedroom, one for guests, the third one would be my study room and the largest one would be the one where I will work. This would be a simple hut type home with large front garden and farming lands. I will pick the wooden furniture and obviously everything I will need to live a decent and hassle-free life.
There are many reasons I would love to live there. First, the beauty of nature: the surrounding view, the flowing narrow river, tea gardens, green picturesque scenery and sound of nature would be the perfect elements to live in peacefully. I think this would allow me to stay away from a chaotic urban lifestyle and to stay surrounded by Nature. Secondly, this would allow me to finish a book I have started writing which is still in its initial stage. I would have plenty of time to appreciate the life and meaning of being alive. The urban life surrounds us with so many problems and complexities that I sometimes feel severely stressed about. I would take this excellent opportunity to revive my spirit and self-satisfaction.
Sample Answer 3:
I have always dreamt of a small home near a seashore which will be filled with peace and quietness. Besides, the place should also come with amenities for a modern living. Santa Barbara is the perfect place for me.
I dream of a home in such a colourful place where everything will be green. But at the same time, the location needs to be well developed. Some of the top-ranking facilities should be present to meet my daily needs. There are many locations available in the USA but I like Santa Barbara most for this purpose. The place is enriched with a natural beach, scenic views, mountains, and most importantly modern amenities I need for a healthy living. Besides, the economic conditions of the locality are also stable and plenty of options for outdoor recreations have made it the most attractive place for me to make a home. Weather is another concerning issue for me and Santa Barbara is perfect in that term.
Santa Barbara is one of the renowned places in the USA and a popular tourist destination. The region is often highlighted in different newspapers, magazines and television programs. Besides, I have also visited the place many times. Since then, I have cherished the dream to make a home here to enjoy the natural beauty for the lifetime. Some call it a small city with very big thoughts. The city has been expanded and a good number of permanent residents are now leading their peaceful life. Some of the residents came for work or educational purposes and never left. In fact, Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful cities and also considered as one of the top 100 places to live in the USA.
I want a well-designed and nicely decorated small home. Often there are restrictions even in larger homes for faulty designed. So, I will select a creative and suitable design for my home in Santa Barbara. The ceiling height should be 10 feet instead of regular eight feet height. It would also come with larger windows so that I could enjoy the daylight and simultaneously see the Santa Ynez Mountain Range and the coastline from my room. I also want a lawn before my home where I will grow the local vegetables, fruits and flowers. The porch will be in front of my main entrance which will make the home look bigger than actually, it is. I plan to make a green and energy-efficient home. No air-conditioning or heating system will be allowed. Moreover, the kitchen will be extended instead of a dining room.
Santa Barbara is a beautiful place to live in for natural features. History of the locality dates back to the 18th century. The residents are satisfied with both the natural and modern amenities they enjoy here. Santa Barbara has its own cultural festivals and events. I like the fresh farm to table foods which forms better health. The adjacent ocean with enriched marine resources has made it splendid. The foods available in the restaurants are also attractive for tourists and city locals. Besides, walking inside the city also appeals to me. The commercial areas, coffee shops, groceries etc. all are well decorated and provides a nice view. All these matters have made living in the Santa Barbara city exceptional. So, I want to make my home in this city.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a beautiful place where you want to have a home.
1. I want to live near nature and prefer Cotswolds in England for that. Some colourful cities and villages are available there. The locality has lively galleries, hills, and obviously natural beauties. I came to know about the place from my uncle John. I want a simple home there with some essential and traditional facilities. I have a dream that someday I will have a life filled with happiness in a beautiful place. And this is the place I deem perfect for that.
2. In Australia, a good number of places are available to live but I prefer Adelaide most for this purpose. The place is famous for the Mediterranean climate. Besides, there are lots of beautiful places to get settled. I came to know about the place from a friend of mine. He has shifted there and asked me to visit him. I was amazed at the natural beauty of the place. I want a simple home filled with happiness. It would be better if I get a single-storied home. The pleasant climatic condition is the best thing that allures me to live there.
3. Beach towns always attract me and I have the plan to have a home in Nha Trang. This is a beach town in Vietnam and I came to know about it first when I visited there. I want a small house from where the beach would be a five to ten minutes’ walk. But the house should come with all the modern amenities. I would like to watch the sunrise from the doorstep and so, the house should be made accordingly to the direction of the sun. I want to live here for several reasons – the people there are friendly, I love to take seafood and I enjoy the sea a lot.
4. Living in Sri Lanka is a matter of luck and I would like to have my home at Nuwara Eliya. This is an important city in the country but filled with natural resources. I went to visit a tea estate in the city and was in love with the place. I would like to have a duplex here and the house will come with ample space on the roof to enjoy the natural views. To be frank, I want to live in this place for the breathtaking mountain views. I want to pass my old ages by enjoying the nature of my land and this is the place to be.
5. Frankfurt is a great place to live in Germany. This town comes with a wide range of facilities for the people. I came to know about the town on the internet. In fact, I am attracted to the low living cost of the city. I want a small home or it could be an apartment as well. I will decorate my home as I feel fit. I have chosen to live there because it is a modern town and it has numerous facilities that I need in my day to day life. The communication system, availability of job etc. are all at a satisfactory level.
If you prepare for this cue card you should be able to answer the following cue cards as well:
- Describe a naturally beautiful place you know about.
- Describe a place you want to live in.
- Talk about a house you would love to own.
- Describe your dream house.
- Describe something you would like to do in the future.
- Describe a plan you have for a long time.