Cue Card Sample
IELTS Cue Card Sample 491 - Describe a special trip you would like to take
- Last Updated: Sunday, 15 November 2020 15:40
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 105113
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a special trip you would like to take in the future.
You should say:
- when you think it will be
- where you will go
- what preparation you need for that trip
and explain why this would be a special trip.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
I have had a number of interesting trips within my country, but never really got a chance to visit outside of my country. However, I do dream of having a special trip to one of the European countries in near future, and today, I would like to talk about that here.
On this special trip, I would like to go to England which had become the epicentre of the world in the early 19th century and remained so for the next one century, as far as the political power and industrial revolution are concerned. Of course, I have heard and read many other things about this great country, but learning them from someone else or reading them on some books is certainly not the same as seeing them with your own eyes.
By the way, here it is worth mentioning that a distant uncle of mine, who treats me like his own nephew, lives in London, but whenever he visits us, he never forgets to tell me and my family that we were more than welcome to visit him in London and live with them as long as we would stay there. But, that’s, of course, easier being said than done, as far as I am concerned. After all, it would take a great deal of preparation from my part, including saving enough money for the trip and getting a long enough of a vacation time from my work.
Besides, I would also need to find a suitable place to stay because I just don’t like to stay with my distant uncle and bother him with my presence at his place. But whatever preparation I need to take, I sure will visit England in the next 6 months or so.
Anyway, this would be a special trip, mainly because it would be the first trip outside of my country. Besides, this trip would also allow me to learn about a country and its culture, which has made a tremendous impact on other countries of the world, from up close.
Sample Answer 2:
I love to travel and being in a new place is quite a sensational experience for me. I have visited more than 10 countries and most of the famous places in my homeland. However, most of my trips were either solo or with friends. A few months ago I planned a very special trip that I would like to go on in the near future. I want to visit (... a sea beach name in your country...) and take my parents on this very special trip. The main reason this would be a special trip is that my parents would be with me and this would be the first time they will visit the largest sea beach in our country. Having my parents with me there would make it special. It's been more than 7 years when we had our last trip together.
Probably we will have this special trip in the next January. I will take a few days off from my office and would prepare for the trip. This would be 6-8 hours journey and we would prefer to travel by train rather than a bus. My parents are also very excited about the journey and they are also looking forward to going on this trip.
We do not need much preparation for this trip as this would a short trip and we would be staying for only 4-5 days, I guess. We would only need to be concerned about the weather condition and pick clothes that are suitable for the summer season. We will start this trip from the city train station and our preference would be to book a first-class compartment of the train. The train journey is usually pleasant in our country and we will have the chance to enjoy the scenic beauty on both sides of our route.
After we arrive at the destination, we will first reserve a nice hotel for us that will have the view of the sea beach. If we take the train at around 6:00 in the morning, we will reach there just before 2:00 pm, I assume. We will have our lunch and take rest for a couple of hours. In the afternoon we will go and enjoy the sea beach and stay for a couple of hours there. We will also enjoy the sea-foods from a renowned restaurant and get back to our hotel at night. During this trip, we will visit two other nearby famous tourists destinations and enjoy our stay there. We will buy some gifts for other family members and relatives and enjoy the whole trip.
Sample Answer 3:
The enjoyment of travelling is exceptional indeed, and when I am to describe a future travelling plan, I am delighted to almost the same extent. Here is a brief description of the special trip that I intend to have in future.
I am planning the trip next summer. In fact, I will take leave from my office for the entire summer. I have not been taking leaves for the past one year and have been working like a machine. Even I had worked in the office on the weekends to meet some emergencies. Now, I am badly in need of great refreshment and the trip will help me to get refreshed. The trip will begin from the very first day of summer vacation and will last around a month.
I am an NGO worker here and live with my parents. So, I am planning to visit any of the European countries, particularly Italy, with my parents. They have not been out of South Africa for a long time. Besides, I have conducted minor research that Italy is the most attractive place to visit. The country contains a notable number of natural visiting places with beautiful landscapes. Moreover, the lakes of the country are excellent with their bluish water. The foods are delicious and almost all types of foods are available here. Besides, this is a destination for global tourists. Considering all these facts, I have planned to have a trip to Italy.
Initially, I have selected some of the most visiting spots in Italy. But all the other preparations are still remaining. I am unable to manage time for the preparations. I have to renew my passport in line with the passports of my parents. This is really a hefty task. Then I have to arrange for visas though this is not a problem at all and manageable within one day. Then appears the issues of collecting maps for the locations I want to visit. Changing the currency is another potential issue to be considered. So, before starting the trip, I have to collect the changed currencies or it will be difficult to meet the expenses in Italy. Booking aeroplane tickets is another important issue. I have to book tickets at least 15 days before the trip. So far, these are the necessary preparations that I need to take.
This would be a very special trip as I am travelling with my parents for the first time out of the state. In fact, this would a family trip where all three family members will be present together for the first time. Earlier, I was unable to manage time for such a trip and could not dare to even plan for. It was my occupational engagement that made me separated from my family. Only we met at the table at night during supper. So, I made the plan to have the trip for a long time so that we could spend some quality moments together in a very special place. In view of all such aspects, this would be a special trip for me.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe the most polite person you have come across in your life.
1. I have a plan to go on a special trip next winter. I am willing to visit Indonesia during the trip. I have to take some necessary preparations like knowing the climatic conditions of the locality, collecting a local map, arranging for visa and other activities. it would be a special trip for me because I have never been to there and I also do not know how Bali takes a look during winter. Moreover, this is the very first solo trip of mine abroad. With all the grounds in mind, it would be a very special trip for me.
2. I have always wondered if I could visit Paris and the chance is appearing to me. I am set to leave for Paris within next 15 days. I have to make preparations for the trip. I have already managed the visa and prepared other necessary documents. But I need to collect the required information about hotel reservation and air schedule. If all the things are done, I hope it would fly by the present date. This would be a special trip because I have managed a leave for three weeks and will spend the entire leave in Paris. I am thrilled.
3. During the next summer, I have a plan to visit Nepal. In fact, I want to see the mountain ranges and explore them. Though summer is not the perfect time, I have no other options left. I need to make preparations for mountain climbing and I have already started learning the process. I also have applied for the visa and hope will get that soon. It would be a special trip for its nature. In fact, I am thrilled now for the adventures I will take part in during the visit to Nepal.
4. My next trip would be in Mexico. The wild west. This is the place where the cowboys and gunslingers used to stay and get engaged in gunfights. I have made the necessary preparation like knowing the local cultures and customs. I also have managed a tent to stay outside and have some fun with my companies during the trip. It would be a special trip as I have never been before in the place, and just have watched them in western movies. So, I will have the chances to see the desired places.
5. Within a month, I will fly to Japan to have a business trip. But it is special for me as I have taken a leave of three days to explore the country. I have taken necessary preparations and already have got the visa. Besides, I have also started learning to eat following the traditional Japanese style. My Japanese language course will be done within the next two weeks. So, when I will be there, hope everything will go fine with me. I know the language, I know the customs and also I have the idea of where to visit to observe Japan closely. Based on the fact, it would be a special trip for me.