IELTS Cue Card Sample 529 - Something important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Last Updated: Thursday, 01 October 2020 14:56
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 85455
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe something important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
You should say:
- what does a healthy lifestyle mean to you
- what important aspect you have in your mind
- how it is important
and explain why this is important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
They say that health is wealth, and I also happen to fully agree with it. But, of course, different people have different ideas about the ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle while I have mine. For me, a balanced diet is "the key" to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Now, a healthy lifestyle, in my opinion, is a way of life which allows people to become a happy and productive citizen all the way without ever becoming a burden for society. Of course, for that to happen, one has to lower the risk of being seriously ill and dying early. Besides, other important factors for maintaining a healthy lifestyle may also include getting at least 7 to 8 hours of daily sleep and also taking time for daily relaxation and recreation in order to keep the body and mind fresh.
So, how important is the role of a balanced diet in all this? Well, the answer is, more important than we would probably ever know. After all, it is the balanced diet that keeps nourishing each and every cell of our body by providing a variety of foods from the different food groups – specifically: vegetables and fruits; protein (meat, fish, eggs, beans, soy); dairy (low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt); carbohydrates (starchy foods like rice, pasta, potatoes and bread – preferably wholegrain or whole wheat varieties); and a small quantity of healthy fats.
Anyway, a balanced diet is important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, primarily because it provides all kinds of important vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to keep the body and mind strong and healthy. Having a balanced diet can also help ward off numerous diseases and health complications, and help maintain healthy body weight, provide energy, allow better sleep, and improve brain function. Besides, a balanced diet also significantly improves our mental health by easing the symptoms of depression and anxiety and thus always keeping us happy and positive.
Sample Answer 2:
A healthy lifestyle is something we all talk about but only a few of us follow the rules to maintain it. I thank you for this wonderful topic and would like to talk about the importance of a balanced diet for having a healthy lifestyle.
It is often said that 'what we eat defines what we become'. It is indeed true and in my opinion, healthy living greatly depends on someone's eating habit. Having a balanced diet means eating a wide variety of foods in the right proportions, and consuming the right amount of food and drink to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
A healthy lifestyle is a combination of a sober and prudent living style with the soundness of body and mind. Both physical and psychological well-being is important in order to have a healthy lifestyle. It does not depend on someone's economic status or geographic location. Rather it is the willingness to lead a good life with some fundamental good habits.
A balanced diet has paramount importance to remain fit both physically and psychologically. Biologically, a person is a living organism who needs food to survive like any other living organism on this planet. As a superior creature, we have plenty of food items to choose from and in a way, this has made our food habit quite complex. Fast food, for example, in no way a good choice for us and yet we have become dependant on it. Obesity, for instance, is rare among people who have a good eating habit. Overweight has become one of the reasons people these days suffer from various diseases. Scientific research has proven that more than 30 percent health-related complexities could be avoided by having a good eating habit.
The modern era is highly competitive and we are so busy these days than the past generations. However, this does not mean that we should not be aware of our health. We have got only one chance to live and some easy-to-follow rules like following a balanced diet, regular exercise, maintaining personal hygiene etc. can make a huge difference.
A sound mind lies on a sound body and a body needs calories to properly function. As an intelligent species, we should not act foolishly. We should provide our body with the right combination of food that provides necessary vitamins and calories to remain healthy - not more, not less and nothing harmful to our body and mind.
Sample Answer 3:
Healthy lifestyle refers to the living in a planned way when someone will be fit, both mentally and physically, and free of almost all types of diseases. So, to maintain a healthy lifestyle, one should take a balanced diet and have some sort of physical exercise.
This is really an important issue to discuss. Many of us do not have the idea of a healthy lifestyle. Often people believe that having good food means they are getting healthy. But they are living in the wrong conception. In fact, only having some good foods will not make you healthy rather you need to have something more for your health. To be healthy in all terms refers that one should also be free of diseases that may weaken them at any time of the year. Hence, the term a healthy lifestyle focuses on having regular physical exercises in line with having a balanced and nutritious diet.
I believe that the importance of a healthy lifestyle is great and it is only achieved when an individual can have a combination of nutritious food, moderate exercise and a life filled with happiness. Actually, a healthy lifestyle depends on how people are leading their daily lives. If they only eat rich foods and start believing that they are getting healthy, I think they are in the wrong way. To have a healthy lifestyle, one should also have to follow some other externals issues. I think taking exercises regularly is an important aspect of this issue. Having regular physical exercises help to build a healthy mind and accordingly the lifestyle becomes healthier.
This is really important for good health. In fact, this is almost impossible to attain good health without some sort of exercise. This is the key to everything. For instance, you need to burn your calories that come with your foods. If you do not burn the calories, they will make you overweight. And definitely, we do not prefer overweight. Rather, we should be fit and be able to do anything we want to do. But if we are unable to do the things we like due to the excessive healthy status of the body, it points out that we are not healthy actually. The importance of physical exercise lies here. Often it is said that health is wealth. We are accustomed to the saying and realise the statement best after we fall ill. So, this is a precondition for good health and a healthy lifestyle, I believe.
Everything is its detrimental impacts. And the lifestyle is not an exception. If someone is absorbed in an enriched living style, surely s/ he will suffer for that in some stages of life unless they are taking any preventive measures. Unluckily, most of the people are unaware of the matter that they need to have some sort of physical movements to live healthily. When the living is healthy, I think the lifestyle becomes healthy as well. Therefore, this is important to have at least 30 minutes of exercise or other types physical movements for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe something important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
1. I think a healthy lifestyle means to take the right foods to get protein and other necessary food ingredients. I believe by following a balanced diet, one can have a healthy lifestyle. This is important because we cannot live without food. But it should be taken in a limited and balanced way. We need nutrients to get the energy to complete our tasks.
2. A healthy lifestyle is a way of living according to a routine. It appears to me that without following a routine, none can get the proper way of living. This is very important as everything should be balanced. This is important to me because, without a routine, someone cannot get the desired things. There will be a lack of coherence among all the other thing that will make life complex. So, I firmly believe that a routine is necessary to get a healthy lifestyle.
3. Living without stress and tension is the best way to a healthy lifestyle, I think. This is an important aspect to consider to get a healthy lifestyle. Relieving stress is important as it destroys the inner peace of a soul. Unless some are relieved from stress, they are unable to lead a peaceful life. And life with stress is not considered at all as a healthy lifestyle. So, this is highly important to get a healthy lifestyle that someone should try relieving stress from life.
4. It may sound weird to many but I think having the right amount of sleep is the definition of a healthy lifestyle. I believe that without proper sleep, someone is unable to focus on their daily activities. It is important because having a perfect sleep helps people get the necessary energy, complete their tasks efficiently and life becomes easier. Sleeping is also important because it helps to get relaxed and get new energy which people can invest to solve their workplace troubles.
5. A healthy lifestyle means to get the right amount of exercise every day. In fact, every person needs to get exercise in different forms to make them active and remove the laziness. It is important because when someone takes part in the exercise, they need to move their limbs and other organs. Following this way, they become and remain active. Exercise is important for a healthy lifestyle as it keeps people energetic. They can complete the tasks on time and consequently can enjoy their life.