IELTS Cue Card Sample 534 - Describe a journey that you remember well
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 November 2017 19:21
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 6644
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a journey that you remember well.
You should say:
- where you went
- how you travelled
- why you went on the journey
and explain why you remember this journey well.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
I went to the USA last month to attend a conference arranged for health journalists. It was an interesting journey and most importantly, my first flight out of my country, Greece. I was amazed by the journey and the experience will be memorable always. This cue card appears exciting and I will describe the event in brief now.
I travelled by aeroplane and also used some other local transports in the USA. But the journey by aeroplane was the most impressive one in my life. It took around 11 hours to reach the USA from Greece. I reached the airport by my private car and then boarded in the aeroplane. I was too excited that I could not sleep the entire time. Initially, I felt a bit of uncomfortable as it was my first air ride too. But gradually I coped with the situation. I had to visit the country for some official purposes. I am a senior reporter of health in a national newspaper of Greece. A conference of the journalists dealing with health issues was supposed to take place in the USA. My office authority selected me to join the conference. I was chosen for my extraordinary performance on reporting about the health issues of the country.
I can recall every detail of the journey. In fact, I was really happy to have the chance to visit America and the flight was really enjoyable. I joined at the conference and presented a paper as well which was appreciated heavily by the other participants at the conference. Moreover, I also received a prestigious certificate for participating this international conference. I had visited in different parts of New York, where the conference took place. Considering everything, it was a great trip in my life and I will never forget my experience from this trip.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a journey that you remember well.
1. I will always remember the boat journey I made on the Ganges in India. The journey took us to another ghat (port) which is a few kilometres away from where we started. And some of my friends accompanied me on this trip. It was an aimless journey on a moonlit night. But most of us wanted to enjoy the moon from the Ganges. The memories are still bright and I can see the bright moon after closing my eyes.
2. The last train journey to Moscow from Saint Petersburg was a wonderful one. I travelled by train and the journey was highly comfortable one. I had to visit Moscow for some official purposes. I attended a couple of meeting on the same day. I can remember the journey very well for some reasons. I took my seat beside a window and enjoyed the natural views. Moreover, I had some talks with the co-passengers and has spent a good time with them.
3. I could not believe that a business class journey was so comfortable. I made it last month by a local bus. I went to Edinburg from London. It was a solo trip and solely intended to enjoy a bus ride. In fact, I had made a plan long ago to make the journey and completed in last weekend. The entire journey was thrilling and filled with joy. I rode on the bus in time and reached at the exact time. I also met some people during the ride who sat beside me on the bus. Overall, it was a memorable journey.
4. I went on a trip with my family in Singapore. It was a not a long journey. And we landed in Singapore earlier than we e4xpected. All the family members were present during the journey. We all wanted to have a vacation in Singapore and also meet some relatives there. The journey was memorable as we all had great fun. The entire vacation was filled with joy and delight. I felt sad while returning back to Hong Kong.
5. Group journeys are not always interesting as people of different classes and mentality get together. But I am lucky in that sense. We went to visit Mount Fuji and it was a mixed journey. The group has used different types of vehicles and even walked on feet. I wanted to see the mountain from a close distance and so, I became a part of the group. It was an interesting journey and an advantageous experience for me.