IELTS Cue Card Sample 534 - Describe a journey that you remember well
- Last Updated: Friday, 02 October 2020 21:01
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 96405
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a journey that you remember well.
You should say:
- where you went
- how you travelled
- why you went on that journey
and explain why you remember this journey so well.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
I have been lucky to have a number of memorable journeys over the years. So, thank you very much for offering me this great opportunity to share the experience of one of those journeys which I probably would never forget.
This journey, one of the most memorable ones of my life, took place when I just started my university, and I needed to visit my youngest uncle at a city, far away from my hometown, where he just had started his first job. So, naturally, I was quite excited. The excitement grew even bigger when one of my elder cousins, who also was travelling with me, informed me that we were actually going to make the journey with a high-speed train which just had started operating from my home town only a few weeks ago.
We were told that it was going to be a 6 to 7 hours journey and that train would travel, nonstop, at a speed of 200 kilometers per hour. So, it was a whole new experience for me, and I just couldn’t wait to board the train as soon as I arrived at the station. By the way, my cousin very smartly had selected a couple of window seats at the front of the brand new train, so we both knew that it was going to be a great experience, and it indeed was as the train started to run like a bullet with a whistle within seconds of starting our journey. The objects outside the train felt like they were just coming at our sight and vanishing like some ghosts within a fraction of a second.
Anyway, I remember every minute of this journey so well, mainly because I never really travelled on a train that ran so fast and furiously. I remember it also because the service on that train was awesome. Finally, I also tried some of the most delicious foods I have ever eaten, and that too at an affordable price!
Sample Answer 2:
I went to the USA last month to attend a conference arranged for health journalists. It was an interesting journey and most importantly, my first flight out of my country, Greece. I was amazed by the journey and the experience will be memorable always. This cue card appears exciting and I will describe the event in brief now.
I travelled by aeroplane and also used some other local transports in the USA. But the journey by aeroplane was the most impressive one in my life. It took around 11 hours to reach the USA from Greece. I reached the airport in my private car and then boarded in the aeroplane. I was too excited that I could not sleep the entire time. Initially, I felt a bit of uncomfortable as it was my first air ride too. But gradually I coped with the situation. I had to visit the country for some official purposes. I am a senior reporter of health in a national newspaper of Greece. A conference of the journalists dealing with health issues was supposed to take place in the USA. My office authority selected me to join the conference. I was chosen for my extraordinary performance in reporting about the health issues of the country.
I can recall every detail of the journey. In fact, I was really happy to have the chance to visit America and the flight was really enjoyable. I joined at the conference and presented a paper as well which was appreciated heavily by the other participants at the conference. Moreover, I also received a prestigious certificate for participating in this international conference. I had visited in different parts of New York, where the conference took place. Considering everything, it was a great trip in my life and I will never forget my experience from this trip.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a journey that you remember well.
1. I will always remember the boat journey I made on the Ganges in India. The journey took us to another ghat (port) which is a few kilometres away from where we started. And some of my friends accompanied me on this trip. It was an aimless journey on a moonlit night. But most of us wanted to enjoy the moon from the Ganges. The memories are still bright and I can see the bright moon after closing my eyes.
2. The last train journey to Moscow from Saint Petersburg was a wonderful one. I travelled by train and the journey was highly comfortable one. I had to visit Moscow for some official purposes. I attended a couple of meetings on the same day. I can remember the journey very well for some reasons. I took my seat beside a window and enjoyed the natural views. Moreover, I had some talks with co-passengers and has spent a good time with them.
3. I could not believe that a business class journey was so comfortable. I made it last month on a local bus. I went to Edinburg from London. It was a solo trip and solely intended to enjoy a bus ride. In fact, I had made a plan long ago to make the journey and completed last weekend. The entire journey was thrilling and filled with joy. I rode on the bus in time and reached at the exact time. I also met some people during the ride who sat beside me on the bus. Overall, it was a memorable journey.
4. I went on a trip with my family in Singapore. It was not a long journey. And we landed in Singapore earlier than we e4xpected. All the family members were present during the journey. We all wanted to have a vacation in Singapore and also meet some relatives there. The journey was memorable as we all had great fun. The entire vacation was filled with joy and delight. I felt sad while returning back to Hong Kong.
5. Group journeys are not always interesting as people of different classes and mentality get together. But I am lucky in that sense. We went to visit Mount Fuji and it was a mixed journey. The group has used different types of vehicles and even walked on feet. I wanted to see the mountain from a close distance and so, I became a part of the group. It was an interesting journey and an advantageous experience for me.