IELTS Cue Card Sample 536 - A piece of clothing that you received as a gift
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 November 2017 15:02
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 12813
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Talk about a piece of clothing that you received as a gift recently.
You should say:
- what it was
- when you received it
- who gave it to you
and explain if this gift was important to you.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
I have got a beautiful suite from my dad marking my 20th birthday this year. It was a nicely made suit with the finest clothing. The fabric was attractive and the colour was impressive. I felt lucky to have that on my share. This seems a nice candidate task card topic and I am very glad to describe the gift in short.
I received the suit on the evening before my birthday party began. My dad rushed to the home and asked me to meet him in his room. I knew that he was trying to surprise me with something. But I did not understand that this would be a nice piece of a suit. In fact, it was out of my idea that he would bring the suit for me. I did not know how he got the measurement of my body as the suit took me in perfectly. My father is an interesting man. He loves to surprise people. But most of the time, the people – whom he is trying to surprise, get ideas about the surprise. So, he is unable to surprise them in most of the cases. But in this case, I was really surprised and my dad was happy to complete his mission. He gave me the costume and it cost him a lot, I know.
Of course, it was an extraordinary gift to me. It was from my father whom I adore the most in my life. Besides, it was my birthday gift from him. So, definitely, this was an important gift for me. Moreover, the suit was made of the colour I really like. It was dark blue and sewed from a renowned and specialized tailor of the city. I have been using the suit to attend formal occasions and take the right care of it.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Talk about a piece of clothing that you received as a gift recently.
1. Receiving gifts is always exciting and if it is the favourite clothing, the enjoyment doubles. I received a pair of jeans last week marking my 19th birthday. My mom gave it to me as a gift. It was an important gift. In fact, I have received such a gift from my mom after a long. I cannot recall when she gave me a gift for the last time. And so, she tried to surprise me with the pant when I was least expecting anything from her end.
2. Robert brought a maxi skirt dress for me from a branded shop in Chicago. He brought it last night to surprise me. And I was surprised indeed. Robert, my husband, works for a local stockbroker and I was talking about getting some new attires for me. Honestly, I was amazed at this maxi skirt dress. It fitted me well and also looks gorgeous. The dress is made of the finest fabric. Considering everything, it was an important gift for me.
3. I could not believe at all that the suit was mine. It was a nicely made suit with the best fabric. I received the complete suit in October last and my wife presented me with that marking my promotion in the office. She was also happy with my promotion and I thought that I would get some sort of surprises. Later, I came to know that she went to a renowned tailor in Sparta to order the suit. She also carried one of my older suits to get the right measurement. So, the suit was important to me.
4. Uncle Mohito went to Brazil last month for business and he brought a nice-looking gown for me. He presented me the gown on the day when my family went to meet him after his return. Actually, he invited us all to meet him in his place in Hokkaido. The gown was important for few grounds. I did not wear such a gown before. Besides, it was made of a nice design and I also loved the olive colour. Therefore, it was an important present for me.
5. It was a memorable event for me when I received a T-shirt from a friend on the last day of my college. Danny gave me the T-shirt in November last year. It was the rag day of the college and we were having the last party in our college. I know that the T-shirt was not too much pricy but it was filled with emotion. I realized that the T-shirt is the representation of the love and caring Danny had for me in his heart. So, it was an important gift for me.