IELTS Cue Card Sample 553 - Describe a time when you received a good service from a hotel or a restaurant
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 November 2017 13:55
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 6322
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a time when you received a good service from a hotel or a restaurant.
You should say:
- where it was
- when you experienced it
- what made it a good service
and explain how you felt about it.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
It was in the city of Paris where I went to take a supper with two of my friends and the service I got from this restaurant was excellent. It was really a nice experience and I received a very good service from the restaurant authority. In fact, it was a wonderful restaurant that served the best foods with the best service I have ever seen. I like this candidate task card and will describe the event in brief now.
During my travel to Paris last year, I received the service. I went to Paris to assess the possibilities of my product expansion. I deal with readymade garments and wanted to expand my business in the local market of Paris. So, I needed a pre-assessment before taking the move. I flew to Paris from Malaysia and stayed with one of my childhood friends who had been living in the city for the past few years. He inspired me with the plan and accordingly I also expressed my interest. One day, we moved to have our supper out of the home and experienced this amazing event.
The most important thing about the service was promptness. The restaurant waiters served us within a short time after we placed the orders. Moreover, the foods were delicious and appeared fresh. The cooking method was completely different which made the foods tastier. As a result, we all were amazed at the food quality and taste. The seating arrangement was different too. The reasonable price was another remarkable issue there. They organized the inner part of the restaurant in a simply attractive way.
I felt honoured after receiving the service from the restaurant. But I admit that the other restaurants are also hospitable but not like this one. The restaurant manager appeared while we were dining and asked about the quality of the food, service etc. and it showed how much they cared.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a time when you received a good service from a hotel or a restaurant.
1. Recently I went to a German restaurant located in Munich. I experienced a very salutary service from there. I actually did not have any idea that the restaurant is so good at serving the clients. It took fewer moments than average for the restaurant to serve us meals. I thought that the food would be not up to the mark, but I was wrong. The foods were delicious and fresh indeed.
2. Last summer I went to visit India and stayed at a hotel in New Delhi. This was a three-star hotel but I was quite pleased with their unparallel service. They offered me room service at a reasonable price, offered me to tour guide for free and gave complimentary breakfast. When I left the hotel, the manager personally saw me to my car, this is unusual and I felt like visiting a relative's house!
3. A restaurant in Thailand gave me an excellent service that I will remember for long. I went there to have my breakfast in the early morning. And I expected the least service from them. The thing that attracted my attention was cleanliness. Everything inside the restaurant even in the early hours was clean and the environment looked fabulous. I got my breakfast as expected and food items were yummy. I felt jovial about the restaurant.
4. My visit to a local traditional restaurant in Kuwait was interesting. I went there to have my lunch. The high-quality foods amazed me. The restaurant was located in Doha and it was a crowded place indeed for the top quality foods. Many of the people gathered there only to test the juicy kebabs and other food items. They also treated me a valuable customer. So, everything made a good experience there.
5. I have never tested traditional Japanese foods. So, last week I went to a local restaurant in Tokyo. I went with a Japanese friend of mine to have a dinner there. It was a good restaurant and served us very well. I was amazed at the low price of the good foods. In fact, I had no idea before visiting the restaurant that food prices could be so lower. Thereby, it was a good service to me and obviously for other people who come to dine here.
6. I have experiences in dining in different restaurants in many countries but the experience at a restaurant in Sri Lanka was completely unique from others. I went to the restaurant for lunch and got some local dishes. Those were unique in taste. in fact, the uniqueness of the restaurant has made the dining memorable. The chicken curry was highly delicious. I literally enjoyed the lunch there.