IELTS Cue Card Sample 580 - A recent sports event that you have participated in or watched
- Last Updated: Thursday, 30 November 2017 16:23
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 4092
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Talk about a recent sports event that you have participated in or watched and enjoyed very much.
You should say:
- what the event was
- when and where it took place
- why it is memorable to you
and describe what you did in this sports event.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Recently, I went to watch an IPL cricket match in the local stadium here in Mumbai, India. I enjoyed the match very much. It was a high voltage match and some of the members of the national and international cricket team took part in it. Unluckily, the team that I supported was defeated by two wickets. This is a nice cue card topic indeed. I am happy to have it in my share. I would like to thank you for this nice topic.
The match was held at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. It was set to be held in the evening but the match was delayed for half an hour for rain. The organizers did not want the match to be damaged for the drizzling and thus they started the match about 30 minutes later of the scheduled time. But the stadium was filled with audiences before the time and there was a crowd everywhere. But everything went usually when the match began.
The game is memorable to me for some reasons. The topmost reason is that it was my very first experience of watching a cricket match inside a stadium. I was excited so much about the matter. And went there with some of my cousins. It was really a wonderful place to enjoy such a large sporting event. However, it was difficult for me to enjoy the entire match as I could not see the replays and the slow-motion ball deliveries or the LBW replays on the screen as I am habituated to watch them on the television screen.
Overall, it was a nice experience for me. Visiting the stadium, the crowd of people, shouts from the supporters and the other matters were attractive. I was too happy to see some of the international players from a close distance.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Talk about a recent sports event that you have participated in or watched and enjoyed very much.
1. Two months ago I went to watch a tennis championship match. The match was held at Wimbledon in London. And the match started in afternoon. The match is memorable to me for some reasons. First of all, I did not have such experience before. I have never seen such a live match in my life. I was excited. So, I took my seat near the ground and enjoyed the match to the last minute.
2. Golf appears a slow type of sport but I went to watch a golf match recently. The game was held at Sand Hills Golf Club in Nebraska. The game began at around 10.30 am. It was a memorable experience for me for few reasons. It was a quite exciting game. In fact, I started supporting a player subconsciously and he won at last. I enjoyed the game completely but standing aside the ground, I felt a bit uncomfortable.
3. My recent participation in an inter-class cricket match was exciting. The cricket match took place on my college ground (Lahore college in Pakistan). I performed better in this match and won it. But it was extremely difficult to beat the opponent team. The event is memorable for many reasons. I took two wickets. Actually, I was the best performer who took wickets almost giving no runs to the batsmen.
4. Recently I have got a yellow belt and won a martial art competition. The event was held in Budokan in Tokyo. It began in the evening. The event is memorable for me because of my awards. I had to beat three opponents against me. I had to apply all the skills I gained so far. Besides, I also fought without rules that I have seen in action movies. Overall, it was a nice experience for me.
5. Volleyball is a popular sport for women in China, and I took part in it in last month. The competition took place at Capital Indoor Stadium in Beijing. The entire event is memorable to me on some grounds. My team lost the match and it was a sad event for us all. I tried to make some scores by defeating the opponents. But they were too much skilled than us and we had to lose.
6. Germans love to play football and often there are football matches between various national and international teams. Recently I went to enjoy a live match between two domestic teams at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund. The event was memorable. The team I supported scored three goals while the opponent had only a single goal. I shouted throughout the entire game. I also wore a jersey resembling my supporting team.
If you can talk about this cue card topic, you should be able to answer the following topics as well:
1. Describe a live TV programme you have enjoyed recently.
2. Describe a TV programme you have recently enjoyed.
3. Describe a sports event or game competition that you enjoyed.
4. Talk about a sports competition you took part in or watched.
5. Describe a time when your favourite team won a sporting competition.
6. Describe a time when you enjoyed a sports event in a stadium.