IELTS Cue Card Sample 605 - How you spend time with your friends
- Last Updated: Monday, 13 November 2017 13:54
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 2471
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe how you usually spend time with your friends.
You should say:
- how often you meet them
- what you do together
- where you go together
and say how much you enjoy spending time with your friends.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
Thanks a lot for this cue card topic. I will tell you how I spend time with my close buddies, what I do with them, where we go and how often I meet them.
Well, to begin with, I have more than ten friends and three of them are very intimate friends of mine. I meet those close friends two to three times per week on an average and sometimes more than that.
Whenever I am with those friends, we have endless topics to talk about and our conversations continue for hours. Sometimes we talk about ourselves, our family, sports we like, celebrities we admire people we hate, things we should be doing, politics, movies, music, literature, books we enjoy reading, science, recent events, history and so on. Topics we discuss or debate about often change and our conversation shifts its direction. When we do not talk or gossip, we play computer games or do cycling together. Often we visit different places together and love to explore different places. Recently, we went to an art museum and enjoyed our time in a new town, far away from our own. That would be around a month ago and it was a memorable event for all of us.
To answer the last question, who does not enjoy spending time with friends? In fact, some people become our dear friends because we like to spend time with them. Good friends remain close to our heart and they have a special place in our life. My friends are very important to me and I feel completely freed and exhilarated. With them, I do not need to pretend anything and I can be completely myself. This is probably true for everyone who has good friends.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card topic:
Cue Card Topic: Describe how you usually spend time with your friends.
1. Well, this is a great topic to discuss. I have four intimate buddies and we spend most of our time together whenever we are out of the home. Sometimes we watch movies and this is extremely fun to enjoy movies with them. Besides we travel and explore new places.
2. I have a circle of three friends and we all love to read books. Often we meet together with books and share the stories with each other. Sometimes, we lend books to each other as well. I think this is a very good habit and we are lucky to have developed this one. Libraries are our favourite place.
3. Enjoying live cricket match is fun and if it is with friends, the fun is even more. When I meet my friends, we all try to watch cricket matches in local stadiums in Mumbai. If there are no live matches available, we watch cricket match on television. Sometimes we play cricket together in our school ground.
4. Traveling is a hobby for all of my friends. So, whenever we meet together, we try to make short trips. Every one of us has bicycles and we use it to explore different parts of Tokyo. On weekends, we try to make a day-long trip outside the city.
5. I love shopping and all the other friends of mine are shopaholic like me! We usually meet at our home and go shopping in the streets of Thailand. In fact, many of the Thai street markets are filled with essential stuff and we love to follow trendy fashion.
6. I play indoor games when I meet my friends at my residence in London. Actually, I have a couple of best friends and I have been maintaining our friendship since childhood. So, when we meet, we play different types of indoor games like chess, card etc. Watching TV programmes and debating about numerous topic is a common activity for us.
7. Eating street foods is a fun for us. So, often we set dates to take street foods in the street of Vietnam. The foods are yummy and the prices are reasonable too. Moreover, the street foods have a varied taste and appeal to me and my friends.
8. Playing video games is a passion for me and some of my friends. So, when they visit me or I go to visit them, we all take part in video game tournament. This is fun indeed. We mostly like to participate in the action, adventure and racing games.