IELTS Cue Card Sample 48 - Describe a practical skill you have
- Last Updated: Thursday, 20 October 2016 00:14
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 32735
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a practical skill you have.
You should say:
- What the skill is
- How often you use it
- Who taught it to you
and explain how it helps you in your life.
- What skills are important for jobs sector in your country?
- Why students should focus on practical aspects of education than theoretical aspects?
- Why having technical skills are important?
The practical skill that I have is digital / computer designing. I had a passion for designing and art in my childhood and after my father bought me a computer when I was in class 7, I started my journey towards the designing.
I still remember that I started my painting on MS- Paint and later on I learned 2-3 major designing software namely Photoshop and Illustrator. I took a 2-years diploma course on designing and have worked for the card, banner, poster, logo and web designing. Besides, I have learned how to build web pages after designing it.
I have gained the skill by practising a lot. I read different books on designing how to and concepts, spent numerous hours on designing and learned many things from the teachers who used to take our classes. I have learned many designing aspects, tips and tutorials from different design related websites as well.
Practice and the opportunity to work on several tasks helped me master the skill. I still need a long way to go and I am still a passionate designer. Besides my academic study, I still work on designing specifically on freelancing projects and that brings me a good amount of money.
I am sure this skill will help me do even better in the professional sector in the future.
Tips for answering this Cue Card Question:
- Computer skill
- Woodwork skill
- Sewing skill
- Skill to create something from wood, metal, paper, cloths and other materials.
- Skill to repair vehicles, electronic devices etc.
- Painting, dancing, computer graphics designing etc.