IELTS Cue Card Sample 527 - Describe a bike/ motorbike/ car trip you would like to have
- Last Updated: Sunday, 26 April 2020 00:15
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 27387
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a bike/ motorbike/ car trip you would like to have.
You should say:
- where you would like to go
- how you would like to go there
- who you would like to go with
and explain why you would like to go there by bike/ motorbike or car.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
I live in a big and beautiful country called Vietnam where taking a car trip is certainly a matter of great adventure and enjoyment. Of course, so far, I have managed to have such car trips only to a few places, but today, I would like to talk about a car trip which I am really looking forward to.
I want to take this car trip from my Hanoi (my home town) to Halong Bay which is about a 170 kilometres journey. Now, I must say that I have never taken such a long car trip before, so it is going to become equally challenging as well as thrilling.
Of course, I wouldn’t take that car trip alone since travelling alone is no fun. On that occasion, I would not take a public bus since I will rent a car for this trip. So, I would take a couple of friends with me, who are not only good drivers, but also they have already taken a road trip to Hanlong Bay a couple of times, and it is them who actually have convinced me to take this car trip.
Anyway, before I hit the road, I am planning to buy a road map so that I know what my itineraries are exactly going to be. By the way, I would take Haiphong Expressway for my car trip as it would cut the drive from Hanoi to Halong Bay from four hours to little more than two. Of course, I would need to pay some toll money to ride on this highway, but it is certainly worth the cost since it would allow me to have a speedier and shorter drive from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
Well, I want to take this trip to Halong Bay by a car because I have never really driven on a highway for a long. Besides, this car trip would allow me the flexibility to travel to places of our choices at our own pace. I want to travel to that place in a car also because it would allow us to reach our destination quicker and take breaks on the highway whenever we want.
Sample Answer 2:
Las Vegas is one of the most impressive resort towns I have ever seen, and I want to be there with some of my close mates. I want a trip in a car with them.
Las Vegas is most famous for the colourful nightlife. This is a resort town located in the Mojave Desert in Nevada. The town has some specialities and during the night times, it looks best. The entire city is well decorated and illuminated. The most amazing feature of the city is the musical fountain. It is synchronised with music. Besides, the Strip is also another attractive issue at the town. The replicas like Eiffel Tower, Egyptian Pyramids etc. are also some adorable things here. The city is around 125 kilometres away from my town, Bullhead City in Arizona.
Recently my buddy David has got a brand new car on his 19th birthday. But he is unable to drive the car since his dad is not allowing him to move with the car until the college exams are done. Thereby, he is planning to make a trip in his car. Hence I want to go there in David’s car. In fact, I have my own motorbike but my parents are highly anxious about my rough and tough driving. They have become more cautious after my last accident when I broke my knee. I am under a kind of restriction on driving. So, I am unable to move for the trip and if I had the chances, I would have moved alone. Alas! I have no other way to wait until the exams are over. David has also turned crazy like me make the tour.
I am a student at Everest College and I am doing my undergrad course in economics. I have a group of six members of the college. We love to be together always like having a group study, moving to a theatre, joining at any ceremony and more. Sometimes we make some short trips in some less distant areas. Now we are planning to have a trip to Las Vegas. Though I went there for several times with my dad to meet my uncle who owns a small pub there, I did not have the chance to move on my own. Dad always was with me lest I get into any bar or pub and have a drink. In fact, my parents are conservative in some aspects.
I would like to go there by car because it is a long journey. Las Vegas is around 125 kilometres away from my home. Moving such a distance alone is not preferable to me. Moreover, if I become a victim of an accident, there is none to look after me on the highway to Vegas. Even there are some risks to move alone in the city until you are matured enough to protect yourself from any sudden invasion. Considering all the issues, I have decided to make the trip with my friends and moreover, it would be great fun for us. All of us have visited the town but we lack the experience to stay at night there. So, I am going there on the car that will be driven by David.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a bike/ motorbike/ car trip you would like to have.
1. I would like to go to the Columbia River Scenic Highway. I would like to have a motorbike drive there. This would be a solo drive. Earlier, I had the experience to visit the area and I went there with my dad. But this time, I would like to have a solo visit there. I also have plans to spend some time near the river bank and enjoy the natural views. But if someone accompanies me, I will lose the flexibilities.
2. The Great Ocean Road in Australia is very beautiful and I want to have a ride there. I would like to make the ride in my car. And I want my girlfriend to be with me there. I have been driving cards for the past five years and this is hard to get the top car speed inside the city. This is the only place in Victoria where I would be able to test my car speed. Besides, the accompany of my girlfriend will make the moments enjoyable to all extent.
3. I would like to have a bike ride at the O Quy Ho Pass in Vietnam. This is a dream for me. I would like to cross this longest mountain pass in the country using a motorbike. And it would be fun if all the members of my biker gang attend with me. I would like to enjoy the natural beauties of the place. And the O Quy Ho Pass is also known as the Heaven Gate for the outstanding beauty. The highway in the place is natural and for all the reasons, I would like to have a trip there.
4. Mumbai to Pune Expressway is my favourite road to drive a car. I have a plan that I would like to make a car trip on the expressway. A solo journey is not preferable there, rather I would like to get some companies. A friend showed his interest in the trip and I will ask him. I would like to ride in my car there to enjoy the speed. It is tough to travel inside the city. The traffic congestions have made it nearly impossible to cross the 40s limit. So, I have planned to drive on the expressway and get some different experience.
5. Yaxi Expressway is a wonderful highway in China and I would like to make a trip here. I will prefer my bike during the trip. The highway is excellent to look at so; it is imperative to be with someone during the trip. I would like to be with my younger sister during the trip. The highway comes with ample spaces to get the taste of speed. And since I do not have any car, I will ride on that to make the trip complete.