IELTS Cue Card Sample 533 - A quiet place you like to go to
- Last Updated: Friday, 02 October 2020 20:45
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 112830
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a quiet place where you like to go to sometimes.
You should say:
- where it is
- when you usually go there
- why you like this quiet place
and what you did when you went there last time.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
Like many others, I also like to have my quiet times once in a while in order to calm my mind down and find some peace. So, thank you for this interesting cue card topic and the opportunity to talk about one of my favourite quiet places where I go sometimes.
This quiet place, where I like to go sometimes, is a small valley located a bit far away from my home, next to a garden of many different kinds of native plants. Not sure, when or how the valley was formed there as no water streams could be found anywhere near it, but I have always that there might be some interesting history behind this small valley.
But, anyway, this is a valley that feels like located thousands of miles away from civilization, when I visit it with an upset or restless mind, because of its truly quiet surroundings. Of course, one could easily listen to the chirping sounds of the birds from its adjacent native garden, but that sound is nowhere close to as disturbing as the sound of a busy city; rather quite the opposite. In fact, if anything, that chirping sound of the birds feels very much reassuring to me as it reminds me about some many wonderful things in an otherwise tough world.
I like to visit this place only during the late morning because this is when I get to enjoy some refreshingly gentle southern wind, offering some calming effects on my otherwise restless mind. By the way, I like to visit this place, not only because it is nice and quiet, but also because I can see the whole sky in its true colours from here.
Anyway, whenever I go to this place, I spend my time there by mostly walking across the valley just like I did the last time. However, when I went there last time, I spent some time there also reading a book while laying myself down on its ground.
Sample Answer 2:
Bill Fredrick Park in Orlando is a quiet place and I often go there to spend some leisure hours. This is a park that has an area of 180 acres and the environment is so amicable. The vastness of the park helps people to submerge into silence. This is a nice candidate task for me and I will explain the matter in brief here.
I like to go there for relaxation and I prefer the evening hours. After passing few busy days at the university, I really need some moments for myself. A tranquil place like this park is the right one for me. I also have plans to spend a night in the park by camping and count the unlimited stars in the wide-open sky, hope this will happen soon. I like the place for some specific reasons. The park is one of the most impressive sites in the state. The golf course is adorable and boating is another interesting activity here. The sandy trails are awesome for hiking. Besides, the park contains some other amenities like clean and well-managed toilets, and the space for kids etc. is also notable. The park is not far away from the downtown Orlando. It is only a 20-minute drive from the city. A large number of trees are available in the park and anyone can take shelter under the tree shades with nice sitting arrangements.
When I went to the park last time, I had a wonderful experience. It was a family get together. We reached there in the evening at the pre-booked location inside the park. We all stayed a night camping in a camping zone. The barbeque party was amazing and it was arranged by my uncle. Fishing in the lake was another interesting event. We all were happy. I would recommend anyone from my area to have some quality and tranquil time in this park. There is a lot to explore and enjoy.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a quiet place you like to go to sometimes.
1. Visiting a quiet and peaceful pace is my passion and often I visit Lundy Island. This is a nice place to make some solo visits. I prefer to spend the evening hours there. The island is adorned with natural beauties and the sunset scene from the Island is wonderful. So, I like the place. Last time, I took some photographs of the setting sun. I have shared the photos on my social networking profile. Everyone liked the photos.
2. Peaceful places attract me more than any other thing. So, I often visit the Goolwa in South Australia. This is a small town beside the longest river. I usually pass an entire day in the area and take part in various activities. The historic port is an attractive place there while the architecture made of sandstone are adorable indeed. For all the reasons, I like the place so much. Fishing in the river was a great activity last time I visited the place.
3. Finding a quiet place in a busy city like Singapore is really challenging. But the HortPark is a contrast to the hefty and noisy city. Usually, I pass my evening hours in the park. After getting out of my office, I pay a visit there and spend around one or more hours by sitting inside the park. Loneliness inspires me to visit the park. I had completed reading a short novel last time when I went there.
4. Amid hundreds of quiet places in Russia, I prefer the Vyatskoe village. The village is located in the Yaroslavl region and one of the old merchant villages in the country. I pay visits to the village during the weekends and spend the entire day amid festivities. This is a cultural heritage now and the number of museums is notable. I am in love with the place for the modern features in a rural setting. The cinema that I enjoyed last time was appealing.
5. The Nile River is termed as the blood of Egypt. It offers an outstanding view. So, often I pay visits to the river bank. Generally, the best time to visit the river is either in the early morning or in the evening hours. So, there is no exact schedule for me to visit the place. Sometimes, I go there in the moonlit to enjoy the natural beauties. The charming views are the key attraction for me. I took a boat ride the last time when I went there. It was a moonlit night then.