IELTS Cue Card Sample 537 - Describe an event that you organized which was very successful
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 November 2017 13:47
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 4833
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe an event that you organized which was very successful.
You should say:
- what the event was
- where it was
- who helped you
and explain why you think it was successful.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
I had to organize the last class party at my college here in Australia and it was the most successful event so far I had arranged. The participants at the event highly praised it and everyone was happy about the whole event. The function was held marking the last class in the college. Preparations for the event began about one week before the day.
The event took place in the college classroom. Earlier, it was planned that we should go out and celebrate the party but later one of our teachers suggested to arrange it in our class. Following his instructions, we changed the plan and accordingly prepared for the event. It was really an enjoyable event for all of us.
Preparations for the event was really hefty and I had to undergo lots of trouble during the entire week to make this happen. I made a team of four other members including Samuel, Jack, Jones, and Robin. Honestly, without their direct help, it was really impossible for me to complete the event. Inviting the principal was another big issue. He was a very busy person and ensuring his presence at the class party was the most challenging task so far. I was really grateful to my teammates as they helped me to have a blast in the party.
This was a successful party considering some reasons. The most important issue was that the class took a festive look. Every one of my class attended the party, and even the boy who did not attend classes with various excuses was also present in this day. We all made fun, took lunch together and shared our memories with the college. The principal gave a short lecture and wished us luck in future. Based on the grounds, I think it was a successful event.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe an event that you organized which was very successful.
1. Organizing an inter-university competition event is hard indeed. But I had to make it possible. I organized the inter-university event at the University of Florida. I took supports from my classmates and teachers. I had to set a roadmap for the event and implemented the necessary tasks. The event was successful. Almost all the competitions took place at the right time and the prizes were awarded to the winners.
2. During the last summer, I organized for a small trade show at the University of Macedonia. In fact, it was also a gathering for everyone related to the university. I took support from some of my intimate friends and the authority helped a lot. It was a grand success. Many of the university people visited the trade show. Students from foreign countries in Greece had exhibited their national products.
3. Working as Sales Executive is stressful but I know how to eliminate them. Recently, my company launched a new product targeting the local markets of Kuwait. Definitely, it was a hefty task. All the other members of my sales team were distressed by spending very long hours to make it happen. It was truly a very successful event. The product was launched on the market and we ensured our presence to our potential consumers.
4. My newly joined office asked me to organize a seminar on climate change. The seminar was held at the conference room in Park Hyatt in Chennai. I had to organize almost alone. But I got the logistics support from my office. The event was successful because a notable number of specialists attended the conference. Moreover, the mainstream media covered the event successfully.
5. Albino is my youngest cousin and recently has stepped into eight. So, I decided to organize a birthday party to surprise him. Everyone else knew about it except Albino. The party took place at my home in Barcelona in Spain. My other family members helped me greatly to arrange the event. I ordered an eight-pound cake marking the birthday and invited all the relatives we had. Everyone arrived in due time and it was a successful event in all terms. Albino was happy indeed with the event and the gifts he received.