IELTS Cue Card Sample 537 - Event that you organized which was very successful
- Last Updated: Saturday, 03 October 2020 14:37
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 23935
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe an event that you organized which was very successful.
You should say:
- what the event was
- where and when it was organised
- who helped you to organise it
and explain why you think it was successful.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
Even though I never like to consider myself as a good or successful organizer, I was given the responsibility to organize a few events in my life. Of those events, I consider at least one as a successful one, and today, I would like to talk about it here.
The event, I organized, was an outdoor concert party which was basically organized to mark the beginning of a local trade fair in my big hometown about 5 years ago. Now, I am not sure why the trade show organizing committee picked me to organize that concert party, but I am assuming that it must have had something to do with my connection with a few popular concert groups of my country.
By the way, this trade fair was an annual thing in my hometown, and I always used to participate in it as an “announcer”. So, yes, I was already a familiar face in that trade show, and therefore, it was only natural that organizer of that trade show had trusted me with such a challenging task.
But, of course, I couldn’t have possibly managed to organize the concert all by self, and so, I took the help from a few close university friends of mine who were even more enthusiastic than me about organizing that event. In fact, they didn’t only help me in organizing the concert, but also they made sure that the trade show activities also had gone well. The concert had continued for more than 2 hours, but I am sure that the memory of it lasted for years after it.
Anyway, I think that the event was a great success, primarily because a lot of young people from all over the town, as well as from outside of it, attended the concert and enjoyed it until the end. Besides, the sales at trade fair had significantly increased on that evening which, after all, was the real purpose of organizing the concert on rather short notice.
Sample Answer 2:
I had to organize the last class party at my college here in Australia and it was the most successful event so far I had arranged. The participants at the event highly praised it and everyone was happy about the whole event. The function was held marking the last class in the college. Preparations for the event began about one week before the day.
The event took place in the college classroom. Earlier, it was planned that we should go out and celebrate the party but later one of our teachers suggested to arrange it in our class. Following his instructions, we changed the plan and accordingly prepared for the event. It was really an enjoyable event for all of us.
Preparations for the event was really hefty and I had to undergo lots of trouble during the entire week to make this happen. I made a team of four other members including Samuel, Jack, Jones, and Robin. Honestly, without their direct help, it was really impossible for me to complete the event. Inviting the principal was another big issue. He was a very busy person and ensuring his presence at the class party was the most challenging task so far. I was really grateful to my teammates as they helped me to have a blast in the party.
This was a successful party considering some reasons. The most important issue was that the class took a festive look. Every one of my class attended the party, and even the boy who did not attend classes with various excuses was also present in this day. We all made fun, took lunch together and shared our memories with the college. The principal gave a short lecture and wished us luck in future. Based on the grounds, I think it was a successful event.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe an event that you organized which was very successful.
1. Organizing an inter-university competition event is hard indeed. But I had to make it possible. I organized the inter-university event at the University of Florida. I took supports from my classmates and teachers. I had to set a roadmap for the event and implemented the necessary tasks. The event was successful. Almost all the competitions took place at the right time and the prizes were awarded to the winners.
2. During the last summer, I organized for a small trade show at the University of Macedonia. In fact, it was also a gathering for everyone related to the university. I took support from some of my intimate friends and the authority helped a lot. It was a grand success. Many of the university people visited the trade show. Students from foreign countries in Greece had exhibited their national products.
3. Working as Sales Executive is stressful but I know how to eliminate them. Recently, my company launched a new product targeting the local markets of Kuwait. Definitely, it was a hefty task. All the other members of my sales team were distressed by spending very long hours to make it happen. It was truly a very successful event. The product was launched on the market and we ensured our presence to our potential consumers.
4. My newly joined office asked me to organize a seminar on climate change. The seminar was held at the conference room in Park Hyatt in Chennai. I had to organize almost alone. But I got the logistics support from my office. The event was successful because a notable number of specialists attended the conference. Moreover, the mainstream media covered the event successfully.
5. Albino is my youngest cousin and recently has stepped into eight. So, I decided to organize a birthday party to surprise him. Everyone else knew about it except Albino. The party took place at my home in Barcelona in Spain. My other family members helped me greatly to arrange the event. I ordered an eight-pound cake marking the birthday and invited all the relatives we had. Everyone arrived in due time and it was a successful event in all terms. Albino was happy indeed with the event and the gifts he received.