IELTS Cue Card Sample 552 - Describe a person who helped in your work or study
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 November 2017 20:45
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 6752
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a person who helped in your work or study.
You should say:
- who this person is
- what this person did for you
- how this person helped you
And explain how you felt after this person helped you.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Mr David is a professor of history and a very famous person in the university. He helped a lot while completing my thesis on Old History of Europe. He is a man of letters and skilled in various arts. He also loves to take part in social activities and assist his students in needs. I think this is a nice cue card topic for me and I would like to thank you for this.
When I was not getting the supervisor for my thesis, Mr David extended his helping hand. He allowed me to make him my supervisor in the thesis. Accordingly, I started taking suggestions and directives about the thesis which were really necessary for me. In fact, without support from Mr David, the dean of the faculty, I would not have submitted the thesis in due time. He helped me always with the necessary information and valuable directives.
I was told to select a subject for the thesis and I picked the topic – Old History of European Continent. History was my favourite and I thought that I would be able to complete the work in due time and smoothly. But I stumbled in each of the steps after the topic selection. I could not manage the necessary resources for exploration and I also did not get my supervisor who would guide me through the process. All the professors were engaged and then Mr David told me to write his name on the space for supervisor in the thesis form.
Honestly, I felt lucky when I got him as my supervisor. Moreover, we had a very good understanding and I got all the required supports from him. He was like an affectionate father to me. The moments under his supervision were nice and I finally made a good result.
More Ideas to help you prepare your own answer:
Cue Card Topic: Describe a person who helped in your work or study.
1. Sam is my colleague and actually, he is Samuel but I call him Sam in short. He provides a supportive hand for me, whenever I need him. I often get his help and without his support, I could not complete my assignments a month ago. Recently, he has helped me greatly to make a presentation on strategic management for my company. I was asked to make the assignment and he told me the ways to make it.
2. Jesmin is my bestie and we are in the same college in Kuwait. She does lots of things for me. Recently, I could not attend the class for my illness and she collected all the notes and other study materials and brought them to my home. I was overwhelmed with her support. In fact, it was a great help for me and it would have been disastrous for me if I could not get the reading materials. I felt lucky indeed with the help.
3. Alberto is my colleague and we work for the same position at a local shoe manufacturer in Spain. He helps me greatly and I am grateful to him. Last week, I made some mistakes in designing a shoe for females marking the Christmas ahead. Alberto helped me to make the design perfect. He appeared with a kind attitude for me because the wrong design might cause my termination from the job.
4. Samantha is my cousin and we are in the same educational institution in England. She is of great help to me. Recently, I failed to attend the college for some personal reasons. In fact, I had to receive my grandfather from the airport and I also had to submit an assignment to the college. So, I sought her help. She submitted the assignment on behalf of me, and I went to meet the teacher the same day and explained everything. I felt relieved after the hectic day was over.
5. I think I could not have completed the assignment without the direct support of Anton. He is my supervisor at the office and has helped me greatly recently. Without his help, I could not have finished the project in time. When I was in trouble with the project completion deadline, I sought his help and he extended his support. So, I was grateful to him. And I also felt proud to have a boss like him.