IELTS Cue Card Sample 555 - Describe the most polite person you have come across in your life
- Last Updated: Saturday, 25 November 2017 13:57
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 5039
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe the most polite person you have come across in your life.
You should say:
- who that person is
- how you know the person
- how is he/she polite
what your feeling is towards this person.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
My meeting with John was an exceptional event. After my acquaintance with him, I felt like I met the most polite man in my life. He truly is a man of gentle nature. He is kind and loves to meet with people and help them in their needs. Though he needs to suffer for his politeness, he is unable to give up his natural habit. This is a nice cue card task for me and I am happy to have the chance of describing him.
I came to know about John in my university. He is the only person who came to my help when I was in a dire need of support. In fact, I lost my class diary and a pen on my way to the university and it was John who helped me with his own pen and shared his notes. Later, I came to know that he had a single pen that he gave to me and he did not write a line on his exercise book for the want of a pen. When other students were busy with them, he came forward for my help selflessly. It was his politeness that made me amazed.
John is polite in every sense. He never makes any rude remarks to anyone while others find it interesting to make statements on other's troublesome situations. Moreover, when someone is in distress, it is John who moves ahead before everyone else. His speeches are well constructed and he always carefully tries not to hurt anyone with his speech. He is unable to say something against any rude remarks to him and remains silent in this situations. He is well-known both for his gentle nature and talent.
I am highly glad to have this person on my friend list. In fact, he is a model for everyone to learn courtesy. He never breaks his promises and makes promise considering his ability. So, I like him very much for his politeness and other qualities.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe the most polite person you have come across in your life.
1. Mark Austin appeared a perfect polite person to me. I met him at a social party here in London. I did not have any idea how a person could be so polite. He stepped forward to meet me when he came to know about my presence. I really like him. And obviously, there are reasons to like him because he exercises all the qualities that a gentleman should have.
2. John is a very polite person and in fact, he is the politest one I have ever met in my life. My meeting with John was interesting. I met him at a pub in California. I was drinking and at a stage, I fainted because it was my very first alcohol experience. John brought me back to home. Later, I came to know about different interesting matters about him. And now we are very good friends. I like him indeed.
3. Mr Johnson is my neighbour and he appears as a polite person. I met him at the tenant’s meeting at the building, located in Strasbourg in France. He speaks almost with a polite voice and behaves well with everyone. He does not talk much unless there is a necessity. Moreover, he tries to adore others for their qualities. In fact, Mr Johnson is the perfect gentleman I have ever meet. He loves to help others in needs and is available in the middle of the night.
4. Patrick is my college friend and his parents have been living here in Vietnam for many years. He is the nicest person I have ever encountered in my life. I met him at the college and his attitudes were adorable. He never takes part in gossip and does not tell lies to others which is a common phenomenon among my other friends. So, I like him much. He is a man of words too. I have never been refused from him whenever I asked for a support from him.
5. Samantha is my best friend and she is the politest person I have ever met. She is my cousin too. She is cultured in different senses. And I love her appreciation of others’ opinion. She never imposes her opinion to others rater tries to make the facts clear to other people. Finally, she wins the battle in a logical manner. For all the reasons, I like her most and believe that she is the most revered person in my circle.