IELTS Cue Card Sample 562 - Describe a couple you know who have a happy marriage
- Last Updated: Saturday, 13 June 2020 15:08
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 45718
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a couple you know who have a happy marriage.
You should say:
- who they are
- how you know them
- what they usually do together
and explain why you think that they are a happily married couple.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
While there is no definitive definition – at least, a universal definition that I am aware of - of a happy marriage, the conventional wisdom suggests that when a couple gets along with each other just fine under any and all circumstances, we can duly consider that they have a happy marriage just like the marriage between my maternal uncle and his lovely wife. To me, they are the perfect happy couple.
Anyway, talking about my uncle and aunt, they are not really some young couple as I have been seeing them for almost 25 years now. In fact, they have a couple of college-going children who also seem just as happy as their parents. As I have already mentioned earlier that I have known this couple since my early childhood, but very seldom have I seen them living separately from each other, like many other couples do out of anger or misunderstanding, or arguing with each other over any petty issues. Well, on second thought, forget about any argument over some petty issues, I have never even seen them arguing over any important issues.
By the way, my uncle and aunt are a very busy couple, as they both work outside, but they still somehow manage to go out every week to enjoy some lovely dinner, with or without their children, together. They even manage to invite some of their friends over to their house and enjoy their time over some snacks or coffee at least twice a week. Besides, I have also seen my uncle doing videos of my aunt while she is busy cooking some of her favourite dishes in her kitchen.
Anyway, the description of the relationship between my uncle and aunt above itself provides more than enough evidence to suggest that my uncle and aunt indeed is a very happily married couple. But, if that’s not enough of evidence, the practice of exchanging gifts among each other at least every month, be it some simple flowers or some expensive perfumes, would definitely convince anybody about the happy marriage between my uncle and aunt.
Sample Answer 2:
My parents are the happily married couple and in my opinion, they have the strongest bond I have ever seen. They are the iconic figure to me. People also admire them for their togetherness. They love to spend time together and never have quarrelled severely in their life so far. They are the evergreen couple to everyone around us. This cue card topic is nice and I love to answer it in brief.
I know them from my birth. They are my mom and dad. I love them too much. They have cared for me and did a lot of things for me so far. But it took me a long time to know about them. After getting matured enough, I realized that they are a happy couple. They have been married for over 30 years and they have three children. I am the youngest one and the others are also established in their respective sectors. All of us respect them for their mutual understanding.
They spend most of the time together. My father works for the government and my mother is a homemaker. Earlier, my mother used to be a school teacher before marriage and she gave up the profession and started her homemaking. When my father returns home after office, he spends most of the remaining time with my mom. Sometimes, they go out for shopping, cinema, and other recreational activities together.
They are the happily married couple for some few reasons. The most important thing is that they have a mutual understanding. Before making any decisions, they plan together and implement the plan smoothly. Moreover, they are peace-loving people. And they have passed rainy days together but never got split in critical situations. Even sometimes, they wait for one another during regular meals. So, I think they are a perfectly happy couple in their life and I think marriage as a divine bonding as I have seen them live in harmony and joy together.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a couple you know who have a happy marriage.
1. Mr and Mrs William have a very fortunate marriage. They live opposite door of mine at an apartment block here in Hamilton in New Zealand. They pass their times in different activities. They enjoy movies, go shopping and much more tasks. They are happily married couples for some reasons. First of all, they have a deep sense of friendship and a great understanding between them. They always try to understand each other and act accordingly.
2. I know Mr and Mrs Rafique as a happily married couple. They run a departmental store in the apartment block I live in a residential area of Qatar. They usually sell things to customers and maintain other activities. They have been married for the past eight years and have got two children. They do all the things together which has deepened their relationship. They understand each other and have been leading a happy life.
3. Mr Roberto and his wife Liliana are the best successfully married couples I have ever seen. I met them at a social party and then came in close contact with them for my business purposes. They have a small business in Edinburgh to import raw materials of manufacturing plastic materials. Both of them are deeply engaged in the business. They are a blissfully wedded couple because they share a strong bond. They love each other very much.
4. Mr and Mrs Adaline is the ideal married couple to me. They are my relatives and live in the same town in Dresden in Germany. They usually take part in various activities. They are a gracefully espoused and they have very good communication. They express themselves clearly and thus no troubles can ambush them suddenly. They make decisions based on their necessities and help each other always.
5. Ulsan is a nice city where my maternal uncle and aunts live. They are a happy couple. In fact, they are considered as the idol in my family. They love to travel and have travelled to various countries together. They also have a commitment to them. This is the outstanding thing that everyone loves them. I believe the secret of their happiness is their commitment to each other.
Your preparation for the cue card topic - "Describe a couple you know who have a happy marriage" would help you to talk about the following topics as well:
1. Describe someone you know who has a happy marriage.
2. Describe a family, not your own, you know about.
3. Describe a family who lives near your home.
4. Describe someone who has recently got married.