Cue Card Sample
IELTS Cue Card Sample 565 - Describe a cafe you have recently visited
- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 July 2020 15:10
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 137254
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a cafe you have recently visited.
You should say:
- where it is located
- how the cafe looks like
- what kind of food and drink you had there
and explain why you liked or dislike the cafe.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
There are a lot of café places where I live. So, I don’t really have to travel far whenever I feel like spending some quality time at a café. But, the other day, a couple of my friends asked me to visit a new café in the outskirt of my city, and today I would like to share that story with you.
As I have just mentioned, it is a new café, and so I was not really too sure about what to expect there. But, when I arrived there, I was in for a pleasant surprise as I found that the friendly management and staff there were eagerly waiting to greet us and other customers. By the way, it was indeed a nice café, as my friends had told me before, with a nice decoration inside.
The tables were nicely shaped with beautiful, cream colour table clothes on them. Each and every table maintained a safe distance from each other to offer all of its customers a sense of privacy. The flower vases on the tables added to the elegance of the café even more. Not to mention, the lighting system of the café was also very colourful that certainly helped create a rather mystical environment there. Besides, all around the café, everything looked very shiny and spotlessly clean. There wasn’t a single thing that I could find to complain about the café.
Talking about the foods and drinks there, they were equally delicious and appetizing, especially, the strawberry-filled cheesecake and the garlic-roasted bread were simply outstanding. Besides, the cranberry fruit drinks tasted like they just came fresh from the garden!
Anyway, I liked this café, mainly because it had a huge space inside it to accommodate just about everybody rather comfortably. Besides, the decoration inside the café was very gorgeous and contemporary to lighten up your mood. Finally, I liked the café also because they served some of the most delicious foods and snacks I had ever tasted.
Sample Answer 2:
My visit to "Café de Yum" was a wonderful experience. It was a nice café I had ever seen. Everything was decorated in a crafty manner. The seating arrangement, the foods beverages, and other services were adorable. The coffee they served was hot and delicious. In fact, I am sure that the coffee maker was an experienced person and knew his job well. This is a wonderful candidate task card. I will describe the event now in brief.
The café is located in the centre of Mumbai. Thus it is accessible from all parts of the city. To be more accurate, the café is located near the central bus depot in Mumbai. The place is known as Jehangir Boman Behram Rd and the café is on the front side of the road. This is a perfect place and always remains crowded. But the inner environment of the café is calm, quiet and spacious. It appears that the noise from outside is unable to enter inside the café.
The café is popular for its special type of coffee. Besides, it also sells various types of light foods in the daytime. But crowds start gathering from the evening. It arranges for fresh barbeques with meat and fish, fried rice, paratha, vegetable curries and other types of local and foreign dishes. The price of the foods is also reasonable as well which is the other cause of getting popularity for this café. I took a barbeque with paratha there and really enjoyed them.
I like the café for some reasons. First of all, I am in love with the inner decoration and seating arrangement. The service is also fine and most importantly, it sells fresh foods. There are no rotten or wastes are sold. Considering everything, I like it very much.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a cafe you have recently visited.
1. Recently, I went to a newly opened café in Tokyo. The café is located just opposite to my university. It is decorated in a traditional Japanese style. It serves mostly light snacks and coffee. I like the café for several reasons. It sells the foods at a regulated price and those are healthy indeed. Moreover, the inner decoration makes it an attractive place for everyone.
2. I went to have a cup of coffee from my office located in the downtown of Chicago. The café named 'Coffee Shop' is a traditional style store that deals with coffee only. The shop has a nice inner setting and I prefer the seating arrangements. The most impressive thing was the coffee. I have never enjoyed such a perfectly prepared coffee before.
3. The café looked stunning with its exceptional beautification. It was located in the opposite direction of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The café sold different types of light foods and beverages. But I loved the mini burger with the combination of coffee. Seeping on the coffee cup and biting on the cheeseburger is my one of the favourite activities. I like the open-air seating arrangement of the café.
4. I live in Alexandria in Sydney and a newly opened café has drawn my attention. The café looks good with a traditional Spanish style. It is located on the main street of the city and just beside the church. The café mostly sells beverages including coffee and other soft drinks. It also serves a few heavy and many light meals. I like the environment and often will visit the place.
5. The café that I visited in Kowloon was awesome. It was a nicely decorated spacious café. The shop is adjacent to the main street market in the city. The shop sells various types of street foods and obviously coffee. I like the shop for some reasons. First of all, it serves fast than the other shops. The coffee is also outstanding and I love to drink it. Their price is comparative and that attracts a lot of customers.
6. The café that I visited in Vladivostok was excellent and filled all my necessary criterion to be a good café. The café is located on the central street. It serves with different types of foods and drinks. Coffee is the most selling beverage here. I like the café for its extraordinary style and presentation. Though it makes late to serve, I do not mind because of the coffee taste.
Your preparation for this cue card topic would help you talk about the following cue card topics as well:
1. Describe a place where you often go to.
2. Describe a cafe in your hometown.
3. Describe a place where you like to spend time.
4. Describe a cafe or restaurant that served traditional food.
5. Describe your favourite place to hang out with your friends.
6. Describe a cafe or restaurant where you enjoy having your meals.
7. Describe a place where you have recently taken your family for dinner.