IELTS Cue Card Sample 572 - Describe a social networking website/platform you use
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 28 November 2017 14:11
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 3282
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a social networking website/platform you use.
You should say:
- what it is
- why you use it
- what benefits it offers
and explain how this social networking website helps you.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Facebook is one of the most used social networking services and popular among the users for some of its unique features. The most impressive feature of this platform is that it is free and the users can make both audio and video calls for free of cost. It also helps to share life with the peer users. This is a great candidate task card topic and I am happy to have it in my share. I would like to thank you for the opportunity and time to let me talk about this.
Honestly, I use Facebook for communicating with my friends and relatives who live far away from me. It also helps me to communicate with some other people and share my recent happening with them in terms of text status or by uploading photographs. In fact, this is the social networking service that has helped me in a number of ways and I can reach to anyone who has an account with the network.
Before using this social networking service, it was really difficult to communicate. And obviously, communication was an expensive matter too. But with the use of this networking website, I easily can share my thoughts, photos, and many other matters. Besides, the students of my university in Tianjin, China, are using this website as a platform for gathering opinions from the fellow students on various socio-economic issues. This is a user-friendly website and requires less knowledge to maintain an account.
I am benefitted with the website in numerous ways. Browsing the website, I come to know about the latest happenings in the world. Actually, this has become a great virtual space where people share their respective events to let the others know. It also helps to play role in different local and international matters. It also helps to stay in touch with the near and dear people all the time.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe a social networking website/platform you use.
1. The number of Facebook users is on the rise in the UK. This is a very good platform to share our emotions and feelings. I mostly use it to connect with my friends and family. The most important benefit of Facebook is that I can remain in touch with my fellow men. It helps me to know about the latest updates of my family and friends. I also use the platform to share my feelings and dreams. Besides, this is a great way to pass leisurely hours.
2. Twitter is a great social networking website in the USA. I use it to share my thoughts. It is highly beneficial for me. The tweets I make get immediate attention from all over the world. This is a speedy medium to share something. The website is helpful for me in different perspectives. I use this platform to inform about the latest updates of technology.
3. In India, Shtyle is a newly launched social networking website. I use it to create my own avatar. This is great fun indeed. It has a virtual room where someone can create their own avatar. Gaming on the rooms is highly thrilling. Using this website, I can get connected with gamers. Besides, it also helps to expand my imagination by creating the avatar of mine.
4. Application of social platforms is a bit different in China. Here I use WeChat for social communication. It contains almost all the modern features of present social networking websites. So, I love using it. It offers a wide range of benefits to users. It helps to post on the wall, arrange taxi service and many other daily activities. I am greatly benefitted from this app. I use it to share my moments with friends, chat with other people and much more.
5. Tumbler is a microblogging website. This has occupied a great position in Malaysia. I use the site for several purposes. I am mostly benefitted that I can make some small notes to share with my network. I do not need to waste more time on photo selection or other activities. It also allows the users to follow the other bloggers and get to know about their status. It helps me to express my sudden feelings. In fact, I am not a skilled blogger and use this just to share what I think.
6. Linkedin is a wonderful social networking site. I mostly use the site to know about jobs and other purposes. The website is mostly used by professionals of different working sectors. They post jobs and offers for others. Honestly, I have got my current job using this website. I had been seeking a job for me near Sydney and got this one after knowing about it from the website.
If you can talk about this cue card topic, you should be able to answer the following topics as well:
1. Describe your favourite website.
2. Describe a website you often browse.
3. Describe a useful website you have recently browsed.
4. Describe an application of software you use on your mobile phone.
5. Describe a website or software you find useful to connect with others.