IELTS Cue Card Sample 575 - Something you did that made you feel proud
- Last Updated: Thursday, 30 November 2017 16:01
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 3590
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe something you did that made you feel proud of yourself.
You should say:
- what you did
- when you did it
- why you felt proud of what you had done
and explain how you felt when this happened.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
While going to my office in Victoria City in Hong Kong, I saw an accident and immediately responded. Being hit by a car, a man was lying on the street and was bleeding while the car escaped the scene. I took him to the nearest hospital and informed his relatives to be there immediately. And interestingly, I did all the things alone. Nobody came to my help at that moment. This is a nice cue card topic and I will share the experience by answering the remaining questions.
I am a sales executive for a multinational corporation based in New York. I was on the way to my office by riding my bicycle. And the accident took place in the downtown of the city and it was a rush in the morning. Everyone was on their way to the office. And it was all on a sudden that the accident took place. The car driver might have been not aware of the pedestrian or the victim might have been crossing the road being unaware.
Honestly, I felt proud for my response there. There were lots of people on the street but everyone was in a hurry. I do believe they could not help the injured person despite their intentions. But as I responded to the event, I feel proud of myself. I know when and how to handle the emergencies and it was a similar incident. I could have been the victim as well. My immediate reflex made me run for helping the injured man and I am humbly proud of it.
I felt sad for the man. He might have started his work or to attend an important appointment or for any other purposes. But he could not reach his destination. And it was a troublesome matter for him. However, being able to help him was a great feeling for me. To put it in a simple word, it was fulfilling.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe something you did that made you feel proud of yourself.
1. Drinking alcohol was a very bad habit of mine and I recently have given it up. I quit drinking alcohol from the last summer. I feel proud of cutting the habit from my life for some reasons. I got drunk and behaved unnaturally sometimes. Now, I can lead a healthier life after getting rid of the attitude. I felt a sense of happiness inside my mind. It was a wonderful perception.
2. I got a job that I love. And I had to undergo different situations before getting the job. I started working for this travelling company headquartered in Moscow from October of last year. It was a dream job for me. I wanted a job that will allow me to travel in different national and international places. So, I felt very excited when I got the job. In fact, I trusted my skills that make me feel proud.
3. Though this is not an important matter to my parents, I made an anniversary cake for them marking their 23rd anniversary. I presented the cake at the beginning of their anniversary and they were surprised indeed. I felt proud of myself because not every child is like me. Many of them do not care for their parents at all. So, I felt an extreme happiness. I felt satisfied and when they smiled at me, it was my biggest gift I got ever.
4. Often teachers become troublemakers. So, once I raised my voice against one of such troublemaking teachers. I did it just before the beginning of the final semester at my university (University of Tokyo). I protested against the unnecessary workloads given by the teacher. He used to provide lots of assignments and tasks for home. I felt proud when some other students also rose their voice against the teacher’s decision.
5. Helping others selflessly is a great quality and I help people in this way. Recently, I helped an old woman to get down using the staircase. I live in an apartment block in Paris and due to some technical problems, the elevator was closed. I felt proud of helping the woman because no other people came to her help. I felt glad. I am different from other people. It made a special sense inside me.
6. I am proud of my real-life skills. I can survive in almost any situations. In last summer, I got unemployed and had no money with me. But using my real-life skills and communication capacities, I have got a new job – better than the former one. So, I feel proud of myself. It was a risky period for me. The struggle involved some other family members of mine. Honestly, I was afraid. But once the period was over, I felt relieved.
Your preparation for the cue card topic - "Describe something you did that made you feel proud of yourself." would help you to talk about the following topics as well:
1. Describe a recent happy even you can remember.
2. Describe a time when others appreciated you.
3. Describe a success you have had.
4. Describe a time when you did something well.
5. Describe an achievement you have in your life.
6. Describe something you recently did that you feel proud of.