Cue Card 577 - Something you would do in the future for your health
- Last Updated: Monday, 24 August 2020 18:57
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 71939
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe something you would like to do in the future that would be good for your health.
You should say:
- what you would like to do
- what it would involve
- when you would like to do it
and explain why it would be good for your health.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
I like to think that I am reasonably healthy and fit since I try to remain physically active as much as I can. However, there are other things that I would also like to do in the future for my good health, but they are not always the easiest of the things, unless, of course, we are talking about cycling. Yes, cycling is what I would like to do in the future in order to become even healthier.
Now, I don’t really remember when was the last time that I rode a bicycle, but I surely remember it very well that I used to really enjoy riding it when I was a child. In fact, I used to ride it for a significant part of my day, after school hours, with my friends just for the fun of it. But, little did I know back then that riding cycle was also very good for health.
Anyway, now that I know how good cycling really is for my health, I want to start cycling after a couple of months again for the purpose of getting more healthy and fit. And for that, all I need to do is to buy a nice bike and find some times out of my busy schedule to ride it. By the way, cycling is a low impact physical exercise that provides our muscle with a good workout by using all of the major muscle groups as we pedal. People call it “low impact” because it causes less strain and injuries than most other forms of exercises.
Anyway, cycling would be good for my health, primarily because it would help me burn whatever bad fat is left in my body while also increasing my stamina, strength and aerobic fitness. Besides, it would help me improve my physical and mental health greatly by allowing me to breathe some fresh air in the open while enjoying the outdoors also at the same time. So, it is time to become a child again and have some fun with cycling just like the old days!
Sample Answer 2:
I would like to start taking part in outdoor activities for the betterment of my health. And I have selected swimming for that. In fact, swimming has numerous health benefits and it also helps to keep the swimmers fit. This exercise helps people to remain healthy and fit round the day. It also improves our muscle strengths and raises the stamina level. I like this cue card topic very much and would like to thank you for the opportunity to let me talk about it. And I will answer the remaining questions in brief.
Swimming is an exercise that is not suitable for all types of people. Only who has the physical ability are able to swim. I will need the right place for swimming and have planned to become a member of The Dolphin Club here in San Francisco. I will need to follow the swimming schedule and get some proper costumes for swimming. Besides, I need to be careful while swimming as I am a fresher here.
I would like to attend the classes in the evening or on the weekends. Actually, this is not possible for me to attend the classes held in the early morning or in the afternoon as I remain busy with my professional engagements. I can manage time only in the evening or on the weekends when I do not have any tasks to do. The swimming classes are held for over one or two hours at a stretch, and this is unmanageable for me to attend those classes.
Swimming is a good form of exercise. This is the exercise that helps to make the arm-and leg-muscles stronger. It also needs the movement of the entire body at a time. So, it turns into a very good form of exercise for the swimmers. Therefore, I think this would be a good one for my health.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe something you would like to do in the future that would be good for your health.
1. I would like to be a renowned chef. In fact, I love to cook and have a small restaurant in Madrid. This is a lengthy process and will involve different things. First of all, I need to take some academic degrees about nutrition and cuisine of other countries. I am planning to get admitted at the end of this year. I also have talked with a chef of an international restaurant. It would help me to cook nutritious and delicious food and I would remain healthy.
2. Since my childhood, I have been dreaming to become an aeroplane pilot. But this requires some specific rules and regulations to follow. I have to take academic degrees in aeronautics. Besides, I also will need to get trained in piloting an aeroplane. I will start the training soon and already been trying to get admitted to a university in Germany where aeronautics is taught. It would be good for me for many reasons, and importantly my mental health would boost up.
3. Travelling is my hobby and I have a plan to complete visiting my own land, Russia. This is a large country with lots of places to visit. It would require ample leisure hours to complete the travel. Moreover, I will also need money to bear all the expenses. I have a plan to take a break from all my activities next year and will begin the trip in the first week of February. Of course, it would be beneficial for me. I will learn numerous real-life issues from the trip. Besides, travelling will help me to get fresh air and foods that would keep me healthy.
4. Population in India is enough but most of them are not literate or lack civic sense. So, I am planning to become a social worker in future. Becoming a social worker needs some specific skills. Firstly, I have to grow my inter-personal communication skills so that I could make people aware of any issues. I am planning to do it after completing my academic studies. Definitely, it would be a great task for me. When I will inform people about health, I will also follow them to maintain good health.
5. A library is the storehouse of knowledge. So, I would like to make a library of my own. This is a hefty task and requires lots of stages to complete. As the first step, I have to collect a remarkable number of books for the library. I have already started collecting books. Sometimes, I buy books while some of my friends also donate me. I want it to complete by next year. If the library is completed, it would be beneficial for my mental faculty. In fact, reading books help me alleviate my mood. And when I am in a good mood, I can take care of my health.
Your preparation for this cue card topic would help you talk about the following cue card topics as well:
1. Describe something you do to stay fit/ healthy.
2. Describe an activity you enjoy doing.
3. Describe an outdoor activity you do regularly.
4. Describe something you want to start but have not started yet.
5. Describe something people in your country do to remain healthy.
6. Something you used to do but no longer do now.
7. Describe a plan you want to execute in the future.
8. Describe a type of exercise you do or once did.