IELTS Cue Card Sample 592 - Something you were disappointed about
- Last Updated: Sunday, 12 November 2017 15:44
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 3516
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Talk about something you were disappointed about.
You should say:
- what it was about
- when it happened
- why it disappointed you
and explain how you felt about it.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Thank you for this nice cue card topic. Fe months ago my physics teacher refused me entering the class in college. Unluckily, I made late that day for some reason. Hence, the teacher, Victor Douglas, did not allow me entering the class. I was late for around 10 minutes owing to a serious traffic congestion on the streets of Manaus, located in the north region of Brazil. Therefore, I was extremely disappointed. The matter had a negative impression on my mind. The cue card questions appear delicate and I love answering such questions. Here go the remaining answers.
Usually, college classes begin by 8.00 am. The students and teachers are asked to be there by 7.30 am. I made a mistake on the day. I slept late night. Consequently, made a late wake up next morning. Started for the college hurriedly and got stuck in traffic jam. Being peak hour, everyone tried moving their respective destinations hurriedly. So, the street to my college was blocked. I had to walk all the way to reach college.
I became a victim of injustice by this particular teacher. He did not like me for some particular reasons and my outspoken nature helped him taking decisions against me. His enmity against me was natural. I was disappointed that he did not allow me attending the class after an explanation of everything. He just kept saying some usual words against making late in class, insincerity in studies, he could not prove anything against me though. Considering the situation, I became disappointed.
My feelings were limitless then. I felt sad inside. My classmates and friends laughed at me. I turned their subject to mock. I urged the teacher several times to attend the class, but he did not permit me. I think he was laughing inside his mind. He enjoyed my situation. It was a terrible experience.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card topic:
Cue Card Topic: Talk about something you were disappointed about.
1. The cocktail that I made at home made me completely frustrated. Actually, I could not make it properly and the ratio was not appropriate and I made a mistake while shaking the cocktail. It was the worst one that I have ever made!
2. I took a road trip with my buddies here in California. But it was not up to the mark. The got flat tire on the road and we had to return home abandoning the whole plan.
3. Mom gave me a sandwich for lunch at college. But it was rotten for pre-packaging. I could not it. Later, I went out of the college and took some light snacks for the day. I was disappointed about the matter.
4. Watching a cricket match live in a stadium is thrilling. I went with my friends to enjoy a match in a stadium in Mumbai. But got disappointed as my favourite team lost the game, it was a high voltage match though.
5. My best friend got married last week and I could not manage time to attend the ceremony. I had to fly to Malaysia to meet some official deadlines. In fact, it was sad for everyone and I could not escape the duties.
6. Unluckily, my boss did not allow me to get the day off. It was my birthday, and I wanted to get a day off from my office. But the rigid boss wanted me to be at the office in time. So, I followed his order with a disappointed heart.
7. Attending the office party is the most boring and disappointing activity for me. In fact, I am reluctant to listen to the meaningless lectures of my superior bosses. Recently, I had to attend such a party. I was totally befuddled.
8. Watching sequels is always unpleasant. The sequels cannot come up with what I expect and what they demonstrate. My recent experience with the movie ‘Taken 2’ was similar. I was disappointed after watching the movie.
9. I expected that I should be treated cordially when I met a famous singer in Australia when he came here for a show. But he even did not talk to me. The singer also declined to get photographed with me. It was a bitter experience for me.
10. Hearing about the reunion information about my college, in Paris, I was so excited. I would have the chance to meet with other friends and classmates. But I turned disappointed. It was a rumour.
Your preparation for the cue card topic - "Talk about something you were disappointed about." would help you to talk about the following topics as well:
1. Describe a bad experience you have had recently.
2. Describe a time when you got angry.
3. Describe something you bought that did not work properly.
4. Describe an event when something irritated you.