IELTS Cue Card Sample 591 - Describe your favourite flower
- Last Updated: Sunday, 12 November 2017 15:37
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 4774
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe your favourite flower.
You should say:
- what it is
- where it is grown
- if it is common in your country
and explain why it is your favourite flower.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
I love Corsage Orchid – the national flower of Brazil. Importantly, the flower grows in every condition but needs warmer temperature. I have a pot containing the flower at my room and they are growing very well. I keep the flowers in my room for their fragrance. They make a vibrant smell in the room. Often people term the flower as orchid queen for extraordinary features. I like this cue card topic and they are smart indeed. Here are the remaining answers of the questions. I would like to thank you for this opportunity to let me talk about my favourite flower.
The plant requires ample light and air to grow. A moderate temperature is a must for the plant to bloom. The temperature needs to be relatively warm and should remain between 50 – 70 degree Fahrenheit both in day and night time for its smooth growth. But the growers are mindful to protect leaves from burning. Better if someone can manage an open area to grow the plant. Due to its easy growing method, the flower is popular among everyone including the professional and amateur gardeners.
Brazil is located in eastern part of South America. The climatic condition of the country supports the growth of such flower plants. Consequently, the flowers are available in plenty in Brazil. The history of Corsage Orchid to get the national flower status is interesting. Someone discovered this strange flower from some random leaves in Brazil and a few years later, the flower bloomed and enchanted everyone.
Corsage Orchid looks gorgeous. The flower fragrance makes me feel relaxed. The outer beauty of Corsage Orchid is adorable and when blooms, it takes a wonderful look. I love the particular fragrance I get in my room. The amazing colour of the flower enhances the room beauty. A large variety of the flower makes it more attractive to people. They shine brightly. So, I like the flower very much.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card topic:
Cue Card Topic: Describe your favourite flower.
1. My garden in front of my house in Montreal is filled with Dahlias. This is the flower that I like the most for different reasons. First of all, I can grow the flower inside the room and can plant them outside when they are grown. Moreover, they are simply beautiful.
2. African Lily is a wonderful flower and I love it the most for some reasons. The smell of this flower is quite different from other types of flowers and they look gorgeous at nights. Besides, this is a common flower in the UK too.
3. I love the pink Anemone more than any other flower. There are several varieties of this flower available across the North America. It does not require much light and heat for a better growth. Winter in the perfect time to see it in bloom.
4. In India, a wide variety of flowers are available and Zinnia is my favourite flower. The flower does not need any specific climatic condition. I actually in love with the flower for its exceptional fragrances.
5. The number of Japanese flowers is wide but I adore the Japanese Cherry (also known as Sakura) most. The flower is mostly available during the spring. At the end of the winter, the flower announces the arrival of spring season.
6. Often the China Rose is considered as the queen of all flowers for its special attraction. The flower is available around the year in China and I like it for its special colour and attractive smell. The flower is declared as city flower in the country.
7. Frangipani is my favourite flower for many reasons. The flower looks special and used mostly for worshipping purposes at the temples here in Thailand. The flower is found in white, pink and yellow colour. They are gorgeous to look at.
8. In Russia, a good number of flowers are available and I prefer the Camomile most. This is a member of the daisy family. And I am in love with the fragrance. Besides, this is national flower of the country too.
9. Germany has some distinct types of flowers. And among them, Arnica is my favourite one. The flower is used for different purposes and even for medicinal purposes. Arnica is also available in some other Asian and European parts.
If you can talk about this cue card topic, you should be able to answer the following topics as well:
1. Describe a common flower in your country.
2. Describe something beautiful.
3. Describe something you love to get as a gift.
4. Describe a beautiful flower you know about.