Job that you think you would be good at - Cue Card # 602
- Last Updated: Monday, 24 August 2020 17:41
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 21261
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a well-paid job that you think you would be good at.
You should say:
- what the job is
- what qualifications are required for this job
- how this job is different from other jobs
and say why you think you would be good at this job.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
There are many well-paid jobs in the job markets, and I feel like I would be good at doing many of them without much difficulties (forgive me if I sound a bit too “confident” here). But, for the lack of time, I am allowed to talk about only one of those jobs here.
The job is more popularly known as “Foreign Affairs Analyst”, which has fascinated me since my high school days, not only because it pays well, but also because it is different from any other jobs in some significant ways. For example, no other jobs allow a person to represent his or her country to the rest of the world in such a comprehensive manner, like the job of a foreign affair analyst, by analyzing its strengths and weaknesses on different levels of political, economic and geo-strategic objectives. However, some people might argue here that corporate jobs also do the same thing, but, in response, I would say that they conduct such analysis only on a “micro” level while a Foreign Affairs Analyst does that on a “macro” level. Another distinct aspect of this job is that it involves extensive travelling to different countries and residing there for a long period of time, unlike many other jobs, so that the job holders can study the activities of those countries closely in order to secure the national interests of his/her country. By the way, while anybody with a tertiary educational qualification can do the job of a foreign affairs analyst, it would rather be better if he/she at least has a Bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications in “International Relation” or “Political Science’.
Anyway, I think that I would be good at this job primarily because I have been very passionate about learning about different cultures, traditions and lifestyles of different countries, which certainly could come handy for an aspiring foreign affairs analyst. In fact, I have even travelled to a number of our neighbouring countries in the past. Besides, my “above average” negotiation skills and “tact”, would help me to do the job better than many other people.
Sample Answer 2:
Sample Answer 3:
More Ideas to help you prepare your own answer:
Cue Card Topic: Describe a well-paid job that you think you would be good at.
1. The job of a construction manager is a high-paying job in Australia. I think I would be a good fit for this job because I own the qualities a manager needs to execute his/her responsibilities. I also have some successful experiences on this track.
2. The position of a sales supervisor is highly rewarded in Malaysia. So, I would be a perfect candidate for the position. I have been working in the sales sector for the past five years and I know all the pros and cons of the industry. I have potentials to perform better in this sector.
3. Commercial airlines in India pay a higher salary to their employees. I am a trained cabin crew and I have recently completed a relevant course. So, the job of a cabin crew or flight attendant would fit me perfectly. From this career, I would be able to travel to many parts of the worlds and earn a good salary as well.
4. The demand for IT professionals is on the rise in Vietnam. I am pursuing a degree in software development and it would be a nice post for me. The average salary of an IT professional is higher than the salaries of the other professionals.
5. Research manager is a great position for professionals with Social Science background. It also pays well. Since I have similar qualifications, I would be able to do well in such a position. And I have the confidence to deliver some outstanding performance while I am employed.
6. Stockbroking is a nice profession in the UK and I would be good at this job. In fact, I am experienced as a stock market trader in my personal life and I want to grow in this sector. This is also a high paying job in my country.
7. Becoming a banker in Ukraine pays higher salaries than other types of professions. Therefore, I would like to be a banker. Though I do not have sufficient experiences to be a banker, with my sincerity and willingness, I would be a good banker.
8. Lawyers serve numerous purposes and I would be good at this profession. In Germany, this is a prestigious position and the rewards for successful lawyers are really high. I want to become a lawyer to be able to help others.
9. Spain is the land of opportunities and the position of online marketing specialist pays higher than other jobs. Thereby, this would be nice for me if I could be an online marketing professional. I also have the experience to work in this sector.
Similar other cue card topics that you should be able to answer with your preparation for this cue card topic:
1. Describe a job you wish to have in the future.
2. Describe a profession or career you desire to have.
3. Describe a good job you know about.
4. Describe an unusual job you have heard about.
5. Describe a job that pays very well.
6. Describe a career you have or wish to have.