GT Reading Test 18 Section 1 - The Employment Pages & Stanfield Theatre
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 29 May 2018 19:47
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 48033
GT Reading Mock Test 18:
Section 1: Question 1-14
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 1-14 which are based on the text below.
GT Reading: The Employment Pages & Stanfield Theatre
Read the text below and answer Questions 1-8.
THE EMPLOYMENT PAGES Saturday Edition
Australia's biggest daily to find the selection of job ads -
helping perfect position for you
Saturday Job Guide
A Government Positions (New South Wales)
B Higher Education (Academic staff)
C Primary and Secondary Schools (Academic staff)
D Hospitals and Medical (Medical staff)
E IT and Computing
F Accountancy and Finance (Private)
G Hospitality and Kitchen Staff
H Self-employment Opportunities
I Rural Posts (incl. farm work)
J Casual Work Available
Monday - Friday Job Highlights
Hospital and Medical
Government Health Vacancies (New South Wales)
Look at the ten categories of job advertisement A-J, in the Saturday Job Guide.
Write the correct letter A-J in boxes 1-6 on your answer sheet.
Which category of job advertisement should you look at if -
1. you are looking for a job as a university lecturer?
2. you want to start your own business?
3. you want a permanent job in a hotel?
4. you are looking for a job in public administration?
5. you are looking for agricultural work in the country?
6. you are looking for temporary work?
Look at the information on the given page and answer Questions 7 and 8.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from the text, for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 7 and 8 on your answer sheet.
7. On which two days does the newspaper advertise jobs for teachers?
8. On which two days does the newspaper advertise jobs for nurses?
Read the text below and answer Questions 9-14.
There are four easy ways to book seats for performances:
- in person
The Box Office is open Monday to Saturday, 10 am-8 pm.
- by post
Simply complete the booking form and return it to Stanfield Theatre Box Office, PO Box 220, Stanfield, ST55 6GF AII cheques should be made payable to Stanfield Theatre.
- by telephone
Ring 01316 753219 to reserve your tickets or to pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard and Amex accepted).
Complete the online booking form at www.stanfieldtheatre.com
Saver: £2 off any seat booked any time in advance for performances from Monday to Thursday inclusive, and for all matinees. Savers are available for children up to 16 years old, over 60s, and full-time students.
Supersaver: half-price seats are available for people with disabilities and one companion. It is advisable to book in advance. There is a maximum of eight wheelchair spaces available and one wheelchair space will be held until one hour before the show (subject to availability).
Standby: best available seats are on sale for £6 from one hour before the performance for people eligible for Saver and Supersaver discounts and thirty minutes before for all other customers.
Group Bookings: there is a ten per cent discount for parties of twelve or more.
Schools: school parties of ten or more can book £6 Standby tickets in advance and will get every tenth ticket free.
Please note: we are unable to exchange tickets or refund money unless a performance is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Gift vouchers for any value can be bought at the Box Office.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the reading passage above?
In boxes 9-14 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
9. It is possible to book tickets for performances using the Internet.
10. 60-year-olds who want to book in advance have to prove their age to get a discount.
11. Someone accompanying a wheelchair user to a performance receives a discount.
12. Students can get Standby tickets 45 minutes before a performance begins.
13. A group of ten adults going to a performance can claim a discount.
14. Theatre-goers who are unexpectedly unable to attend a performance can get their money back.
Click the button to Show/ Hide Answers
''Savers are available for children up to 16 years old, over 60s, and full-time students'
one hour before the performance for people eligible for Saver and Supersaver discounts and thirty minutes before for all other customers.
full-time student falls under savers. So that's how it is "true".