GT Reading Test 12 Section 1 - Advertisements & Notice about roadworks
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 23 May 2018 19:22
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 19401
GT Reading Mock Test 12:
Section 1: Question 1-13
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 1-13 which are based on the text below.
GT Reading: Advertisements & Notice about roadworks
Questions 1 – 8
Look at the given five advertisements, A-E.
Write the correct letter, A-E, in boxes 1-8 on your answer sheet.
A. International Language Centre
B. Global Language Learning Centre
C. Tafe International
D. Club Francais
E. University of Canberra
Which advertisement mentions:
1. up-to-date teaching systems?
2. that the institution has been established for a significant time?
3. examination classes?
4. that arrangements can be made for activities outside class?
5. the availability of courses for school students?
6. language teaching for special purposes?
Which TWO advertisement mentions:
7. a wide variety of language choices?
8. evening classes?
Read the notice about road works below. In boxes 9-13 on your answer sheet write:
TRUE if the statement is true
FALSE if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN if the information is not given in the notice
9. The road will be closed for two days and not re-opened until Monday.
10. The road will be open as far as Little Street.
11. Work on the road will continue each weekend for the next month.
12. Temporary traffic lights will operate at intersections with Main Street.
13. There will be bus services to the university throughout the weekend.
| MAIN STREET, GATTON RE-DEVELOPMENT |
ROAD WIDENING TO AFFECT WEEKEND TRAFFIC AND BUS
SERVICES TO THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
The next stage in the re-development of the roads in the town of Gatton will
mean that Main Street will be closed between Little and Denning Streets
from 6.00 am on Saturday, 12 August to 6.00 pm on Sunday, 13 August. The
intersections of these streets with Main Street will not be affected.
We expect that the work will be completed at this time without further
disruption to traffic.
Motorists should note that Main Street will be closed over the weekend
during the hours indicated.
No university bus services will operate through the area between Little and
Denning Streets. However, alternative services will operate on bus routes
566 and 45 between Gatton Road, the town centre and the university.
The Transport and Roads Department apologises for any inconvenience
caused while improvements are in progress.
Click the button to Show/ Hide Answers