IELTS Cue Card Sample 559 - Describe your favourite dress
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 November 2017 16:41
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 7100
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe your favourite dress.
You should say:
- what it is
- when you like to wear it
- how often you wear it
and explain what is so special about it.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
I like to wear T-shirts. This is my favourite dress and I prefer to have it almost all the times of the day or while attending an event or going to my college classes. I have been using this type of dress for a long time and it has become my trademark that I will wear a T-shirt even for a formal occasion. This cue card task appears smart and I am enjoying to answer it.
I usually wear T-shirts when I am out of the home. There are people who like to be formal in their dress code. But I am a bit different from them. I do not like to wear shirts or formal pants or any formal attire. Rather I prefer to have T-shirts and jeans which give me comforts. In fact, I feel uncomfortable with the other types of dresses. So, whenever I need to move out for any of my tasks, I wear T-shirts.
Frequently I wear T-shirts to meet my purposes. Actually, this has become a fashion for me and I cannot do without a T-shirt. When I move to my college class early in the morning, I wear it. If someone invites me in the evening to attend any party, I need a T-shirt for me. Further, when I am out of home for any other purposes like meeting my relatives, friends, or for any other purposes, I will be seen wearing a T-shirt. I wear it round the week.
Wearing T-shirt is special to me for many reasons. The most important thing is the comfortability. A T-shirt is the most comfortable dress in the entire world. They are available in various colour and design. The fabrics are of high standard and easy to clean. For all the reasons, the T-shirt is my favourite dress.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe your favourite dress.
1. I love to wear jeans pants. Those are casual attires for me and I love to wear those during my office hours. I frequently wear jeans pants for some reasons. I can go wherever I want by wearing it. The most important thing about the jeans is that it fits me very well. I also feel comfortable. Movement becomes easier and they are available across the UK.
2. I always love to wear formal dresses and prefer full-sleeve formal shirts for this purposes. I am a businessman and remain busy round the day. So, whenever I go out for some business purposes, I wear it. I love to wear formal shirts for some reasons. The most important thing is its comfortability. I select the fabric and have my own tailor for other tasks like cutting and sewing. The shirts also fit me well and I look stunning.
3. I love to use leather jacket. I have four pieces of them. I love to wear the jackets when I ride on my motorbike. Movement in Melbourne is easier if someone has a motorbike. So, I frequently need to ride the bike to go to places and wear the jacket. This is a special attire to me. The jacket helps me to get prevented from the excessive airflow. Besides, the jackets come with nice design and I feel very comfortable with them.
4. Weather in Singapore varies in different months. In summer, I like to wear shirtdress. This is a lightweight and comfortable dress for me. Whenever I move out for any work from home, I wear the dress. This is a bit special to me. The shirtdress is available across Singapore. It is also cheaper than other types of dresses and the most important thing is that it allows air passing inside the body. So, there are fewer chances of sweating during summer times.
5. I love to wear shirts and pants made from jeans fabric. I frequently wear them when I move out of my work here in Germany. I wear them at least thrice in a week. There are few reasons for picking this type of outfit. They are durable and gorgeous to look at. Besides, jeans fabrics are comfortable with and you will need less cleaning on them. You can use them in almost all types of occasions. And they fit with all types of shoes. Considering all the matters, this appears special to me.