Cue Card Sample
IELTS Cue Card Sample 559 - Describe your favourite dress
- Last Updated: Saturday, 13 June 2020 14:34
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 198064
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe your favourite dress.
You should say:
- what it is
- when you like to wear it
- how often you wear it
and explain what is so special about it.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
I am more like a casual person when it comes to dresses. Of course, different people have different ideas about being casual. But, as far as I am concerned, my idea of being casual is to wear blue jeans and a light t-shirt with a collar, which also happens to be my favourite dress, by the way. So, today I would like to talk about this favourite dress of mine which I like to wear, well, pretty much all the times.
Now, of course, just because I said that I like to wear it all the times, it doesn’t necessarily mean that I do wear it all the times. Rather, I meant to say that I like to wear this favourite dress of mine as often as I could unless, of course, there is any bar or restriction on wearing them. So, if you ask me when precisely I like to wear them, I would say that I like to wear them when I am visiting any friend’s place, doing my groceries and shopping, going to a stadium to enjoy a good game or picking up my little nephew from his elementary school. Besides, I like to wear them even when I am going to attend a party, casual or not, at some restaurants or party centres. So, I guess, it is fair to say that I wear them every day unless I am attending a formal meeting with my boss at my work, and other than that meeting thing, I always go to the work in my blue jeans and light colour t-shirt.
Anyway, this particular dress is so special to me, primarily because they are easy to wear and keep me relaxed and comfortable in all kinds of weather unless, of course, it is too cold outside. I prefer them so badly also because I don’t really have to try too hard to keep them reasonably clean and tidy, no matter what I do or where I go. Finally, I find them so special because I don’t really have to worry about wasting my time in ironing them even when I go outside.
Sample Answer 2:
I like to wear T-shirts. This is my favourite dress and I prefer to have it almost all the times of the day or while attending an event or going to my college classes. I have been using this type of dress for a long time and it has become my trademark that I will wear a T-shirt even for a formal occasion. This cue card task appears smart and I am enjoying to answer it.
I usually wear T-shirts when I am out of the home. There are people who like to be formal in their dress code. But I am a bit different from them. I do not like to wear shirts or formal pants or any formal attire. Rather I prefer to have T-shirts and jeans which give me comforts. In fact, I feel uncomfortable with the other types of dresses. So, whenever I need to move out for any of my tasks, I wear T-shirts.
Frequently I wear T-shirts to meet my purposes. Actually, this has become a fashion for me and I cannot do without a T-shirt. When I move to my college class early in the morning, I wear it. If someone invites me in the evening to attend any party, I need a T-shirt for me. Further, when I am out of home for any other purposes like meeting my relatives, friends, or for any other purposes, I will be seen wearing a T-shirt. I wear it round the week.
Wearing a T-shirt is special to me for many reasons. The most important thing is the comfortability. A T-shirt is the most comfortable dress in the entire world. They are available in various colour and design. The fabrics are of a high standard and easy to clean. For all the reasons, the T-shirt is my favourite dress.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe your favourite dress.
1. I love to wear jeans pants. Those are casual attires for me and I love to wear those during my office hours. I frequently wear jeans pants for some reasons. I can go wherever I want by wearing it. The most important thing about jeans is that it fits me very well. I also feel comfortable. Movement becomes easier and they are available across the UK.
2. I always love to wear formal dresses and prefer full-sleeve formal shirts for these purposes. I am a businessman and remain busy round the day. So, whenever I go out for some business purposes, I wear it. I love to wear formal shirts for some reasons. The most important thing is its comfortability. I select the fabric and have my own tailor for other tasks like cutting and sewing. The shirts also fit me well and I look stunning.
3. I love to use a leather jacket. I have four pieces of them. I love to wear jackets when I ride on my motorbike. Movement in Melbourne is easier if someone has a motorbike. So, I frequently need to ride the bike to go to places and wear the jacket. This is a special attire to me. The jacket helps me to get prevented from excessive airflow. Besides, the jackets come with a nice design and I feel very comfortable with them.
4. Weather in Singapore varies in different months. In summer, I like to wear shirtdress. This is a lightweight and comfortable dress for me. Whenever I move out for any work from home, I wear the dress. This is a bit special to me. The shirtdress is available across Singapore. It is also cheaper than other types of dresses and the most important thing is that it allows air passing inside the body. So, there are fewer chances of sweating during summer times.
5. I love to wear shirts and pants made from jeans fabric. I frequently wear them when I move out of my work here in Germany. I wear them at least thrice in a week. There are a few reasons for picking this type of outfit. They are durable and gorgeous to look at. Besides, jeans fabrics are comfortable with and you will need less cleaning on them. You can use them in almost all types of occasions. And they fit with all types of shoes. Considering all the matters, this appears special to me.