IELTS Cue Card Sample 569 - Describe an enjoyable day you spent in the countryside
- Last Updated: Thursday, 09 July 2020 15:58
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 42348
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe an enjoyable day you spent in the countryside.
You should say:
- when and where you went
- who you went with
- what you did there
and explain why you think it was enjoyable.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you're going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
Model Answer 1:
Thank you for this interesting cue card topic. Today, I would like to talk about an enjoyable day, which I spent in the countryside of my beautiful country in the last summer. Not to mention, I will remember the experience for a long, long time to come.
Anyway, it was during the last summer in the month of August, a couple of my friends told me that they were really tired of their monotonous work life and that they wanted to get out of the town for a little and visit some beautiful countryside which was only about a couple of hours drive from our busy city. Initially, we thought of riding a bus, but then we changed our mind and decided to rent a nice private car to transport us to that beautiful countryside which I had already visited a couple of times in the past.
Anyway, when we arrived at the countryside, we all were stunned by the mesmerising view of the beautiful countryside there with its huge and beautiful lakes – two long but narrow lakes, running side by side. Between the lakes were beautiful looking paddy fields that were stretching as far as eyes could see. On the other sides of the lakes were the meadows which were being patiently “explored” by different kinds of birds without any fear. We all walked by the lakes, while also taking the pictures of the beautiful birds in it, and tried to catch some fishes. At some points, we even opened the door of the car and started our music player to listen to some of our favourite songs while enjoying some snacks. All in all, it was a blast.
Anyway, it was indeed a very enjoyable day in the countryside because we could actually see some unadulterated natural scene at its best without any sort of distraction. It was very enjoyable also because all of us opened up to each other and laughed to our hearts’ content after a long time.
Sample Answer 2:
A couple of months ago I, with my family, went to the Barossa Valley to have some relief from the city life. This was a great place indeed to get the desired relaxation. Wandering around the vineyards was the most excellent task that I ever undertook. All the other members were happy as well. This is a nice cue card topic for me and I will answer the remaining questions below.
I went there with my family, as I said before. I was accompanied by my wife Samantha and my daughter, Merry. I am an executive working with the marketing division of a multinational company while my wife is a school teacher. And Merry is in her fifth grade in the school. So, every one of us remains busy round the day and week and have less time for relaxation. Besides, getting day offs is also a troublesome issue for me. So, I intentionally persuaded them to manage leave from their respective tasks.
We had great fun there. The natural view of the valley was eye-catching and the place was filled with many other tourists like us. In fact, everyone needed some relief from their ordinary life. And this is the nearest place in Adelaide, Australia, to get some fresh air. Besides, we also enjoyed the walk in the valley, through the vineyards and some other attractive places. The stores set up in the area provided us with some of the classic stuff.
Honestly, I enjoyed it there so much. My daughter was highly delighted to get such a place to visit and she was really amazed. We also visited the Barossa Historical Museum and Greenock Aviation Museum and the exhibitions were charming, especially the miniatures of aircraft. The tour was adorable indeed and I am planning to have some solo tour at the place.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card topic:
Topic: Describe an enjoyable day you spent in the countryside.
1. Cheshire in the UK is wonderful countryside to visit. Last month, I went there to spend some time with my family and friends. In fact, we are around 14 people together. We had a great day there and did lots of things. It was an enjoyable day for many reasons. We had met after long days and shared our emotions and feelings. It will be ever memorable to me.
2. I went to Montana last September. There was a great countryside in the area and I enjoyed the whole trip. I went there with two of my friends. They wanted to get some relief from daily urban life. So, we went there and had a great day. We played, ran and cooked our meals for the day. The natural views were outstanding.
3. Driving out of Brisbane took me to the countryside. I cannot remember the date exactly as I went there almost one year ago. But the location was near the Gold Coast. It was a solo drive. In fact, I took the decision all of a sudden. I had spent half of the day. Sitting by the road and enjoying the natural view was excellent. It was an enjoyable ride for many reasons. After returning from the trip, I felt fresh and focused on my regular activities.
4. The last trip to the Mosel Valley was important for me. I went there last month to spend a day-off with one of my intimate friends. In fact, this is the most staggering sight in Germany. I was in love with medieval villages. We walked into the village and enjoyed the natural beauties. The streets were attractive while the wines were very tasty. It was an enjoyable day considering many aspects. In a word, it was a relief to me and my friend. Passing busy days in the city made us feel bored to the extreme.
5. At the beginning of this year, I, with some of my friends, went to Changbai Shan. This is a beautiful place with a lake and countryside view. The surrounding view amazed me most and I was in love with the waterfall. It was filled with joy and happiness. All the family members were present there and everyone was happy to get such a nice place to spend the day. Everyone became happy with the place and they clicked numerous pictures. The foods were delicious. So, based on everything, it was a highly enjoyable day indeed.
6. I did not have any idea that Higashi-Naruse would be so beautiful. I went there with some of my colleagues and was truly amazed. The waterfall scenarios were great to enjoy while the forest provided a grandeur look at the night time. the surrounding nature welcomed us. We did many things. Camping at night was the best part of this trip. Breathing fresh air was adorable. We cooked our foods using the campfire light and slept under the open sky. Hence, it was an exceptional experience.
Similar other cue card topics that you should be able to answer with your preparation for this cue card topic:
1. Describe a beautiful place you have been to.
2. Describe a naturally beautiful place you know about.
3. Describe a place you would like to visit in the future.
4. Talk about an enjoyable day you recently have had.
5. Describe a village or countryside you enjoyed visiting.