IELTS Cue Card Sample 588 - Describe a noisy place you have been to
- Last Updated: Sunday, 12 November 2017 18:14
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 2348
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a noisy place you have been to.
You should say:
- where it was
- why you went there
- why it was noisy
and explain how you felt about being there.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
My recent Hong Kong trip made me familiar with some of the noisy places there. I went for shopping at a local street market after knowing about the features but experienced with extreme noise that I failed to tolerate to some extent. And I never had this type of experience before. I went to Stanley Market in the city to get some necessary items I forgot to bring from my home in Australia. This is a great cue card task for me. I will love answering the remaining questions.
I went to Hong Kong for some commercial purposes and it was about setting up a branch of my office there. The trip was interesting and I came to know about numerous matters that I did not know before. Someone from the hotel told me to visit the street markets to get the necessary things. Accordingly, I paid the visit and experienced the noise. But luckily I got my stuff at a cheaper price.
The place was noisy for several reasons. First of all, it was a street market and thus it was crowded. People from around the city gathered there to get their things. A lot of street shops were there laden with various types of goods. All of the people present at the market were talking and the sounds were intolerable to some extent. The people who have not been at the market will not understand the noise. At a point, it appeared that the entire place was filled with life.
Initially, I was uncomfortable amid the noise. The sellers and buyers were trying to convince each other and some of the sellers were shouting across the market after the search of potential customers. But after passing about one hour in the market, I tried to adjust with the situation.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card topic:
Cue Card Topic: Describe a noisy place you have been to.
1. I went to North East Lincolnshire, and that was a clamorous place indeed. I went to meet a college friend of mine to make some notes on an upcoming exam. It was noisy because of excessive traffic and people on the streets. I felt irritating amid the unbearable sound.
2. Detroit in Michigan presented me with the example of dissonance I have never been to. The entire city was bustling with noise. I went there for some official purposes and found each of the streets filled with different types of vehicles. They were making unnecessary sounds. Finally, I immediately left the area being annoyed.
3. New Delhi is the noisiest place in the entire country. I had to visit the land to attend a conference that was held in New Delhi and I went there a couple of weeks ago. The streets were occupied by people and cars. Nobody seemed to follow the traffic rules. Car horns, social events and noise from other sources made it unbearable. I felt being in a very crowded place after spending two days there.
4. It was a nice opportunity to enjoy a firework show in Australia marking the New Year celebration last year. I actually went to Australia to spend my winter vacation. I wanted to enjoy the firework show and attend one. The loud noise made from burning the fireworks created the louder outcry. But I was not ready to accept such a commotion. I felt upset greatly amid the noise.
5. Wellington appeared as a noisy place to me in New Zealand. I went there for recreational purposes. The city is clamorous for the rapid urbanization and other noise creating sources like construction in the residential area. It gave me a bitter experience and it was beyond my imagination.
6. Noise pollution in Singapore is a usual issue today but I am not experienced with it. I went to Singapore last summer to spend a vacation with my family. After visiting a street market, I realized how noisy it was. People were shouting for no reasons to sell their products. But I did not appreciate the ways of marketing and selling products. I rather felt truly uncomfortable.
7. Tokyo is a metropolitan city but filled with numerous types of commotion. I went to attend some business conference there in last month. The entire city is filled with loudspeakers, construction activities, commercial activities, and factories. Thereby, it was too noisy. I actually did not like the city environment indeed.
8. My last visit to Madrid in Spain offered me with a bitter experience. It was a noisy place in all senses. I wanted to see a live football match there and stayed for three days in the city. Most of the sound was created by the nightclubs and nightlife. Streets are filled with people and vehicles creating noise. I have never seen such a noisy place before.
If you can talk about this cue card topic, you should be able to answer the following topics as well:
1. Describe a crowded place you have visited.
2. Talk about a place where a lot of people gather.
3. Describe a place in your hometown.
4. Describe a place you have visited and did not like.