IELTS Cue Card Sample 590 - Describe a prize you have ever won
- Last Updated: Sunday, 12 November 2017 15:20
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 2376
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a prize you have ever won.
You should say:
- what it was
- what you had to do to win it
- how many other competitors were there
and explain how you felt after winning it.
[You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you’re going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.]
My participation in a chess competition brought the best achievement of my life. I won the championship prize of this competition held in my college in Berlin. The chess competition held marking the annual sports events. Though several other competitions were held during this time, I picked chess for my love and passion for the game. Some other benefits also inspired me to enrol myself in this competition. I love the questions of this cue card task and will answer the other questions in brief. Here are they.
Battling by thought is the most exclusive type of war. I had to battle with my competitors in several stages to win the competition. The first stage of competition began in the morning and ended by noon. The final completion held after lunch and ended in the evening. I got a break to reshape my ideas and start again with vigour. But fighting the competitors with noticeable talents and skills was extremely difficult. In fact, they were highly intelligent and expert in playing chess.
Among the other competition, chess was comparatively less preferred by the competitors. There were several reasons behind ignoring chess. I think the sluggish nature of the game discouraged to take up on the competition. So, we were eight players altogether in the entire competition. Each of the players was skilled and knew how to manipulate the game. The capacity to influence the thought of rival was truly amazing.
A blanket of joy surrounded me after winning the prize in chess competition. I defeated the former champion and became the new champion of inter-department chess championship of college. I was proud of my victory. I underwent huge stress around the day to participate in the competition. My parents were happier. The victory and winning the prize was a remarkable event in my life. I was happy indeed.
More Ideas to talk about this Cue Card topic:
Cue Card Topic: Describe a prize you have ever won.
1. Recently I took part in a video game completion. The competition took place in my college and I participated in a racing game. It took around two minutes for me to complete the entire race and won the third prize. It was quite an exhilarating experience for me, especially because the competition included a game that I was an expert in.
2. My pet has brought me a grand prize this year at the annual pet show held in Frankfurt. I have a pet dog, Tom, and I trained it heavily aiming to take part in the competition. I am happy to win this prize.
3. The annual badminton completion in my college, here in New York City, took place last month and I was a participant. I won the second prize in the tournament. It was tough to beat the other contestants and I was so happy to become one of the winners.
4. When I was a school student in Montreal, Canada, I got a prize for art and craft activities. The project aimed to increase capacity of the students and so, there was no specific theme at all. I won several other prizes afterwards but this was one the most inspiring even for me.
5. I took part in an online competition of expecting mother. By answering all the questions correctly, I won a prize. It was a spa treatment for free of cost near the outskirts of Thailand. I was overwhelmed with joy.
6. After submitting a photo in a photography competition, I won a prize. Actually, it was a recognition for me. Though I am a fashion photographer in Spain now, my passion for photography deepened after the prize-winning.
7. The college in Mumbai organized for an annual competition, and I took part as a singer. To my utter surprise, I was awarded a nice complementary prize for my performance. I was glad indeed with the prize.
8. Winning the first prize is really interesting and I won in last month. It was a camping and I took the lead for the hiking team. For my successful accomplishment, the college authority awarded me with the prize.
9. I got a two-night hotel stay for my successful answer to a quiz competition. Now I am planning to move to Thailand to avail the reward and also have many other plans. In fact, this is the award I won in ages and all others are dated back to my high school days.
Your preparation for this cue card topic would help you talk about the following topics as well:
1. Describe a recent happy event.
2. Describe something you own which is important to you.
3. Describe a prize or gift that you really like.
4. Describe something you want to own.
5. Describe something you have recently bought.
6. Describe an event when you were congratulated.
7. Describe a competition you took part in.