IELTS Cue Card Sample 152 - Describe a fascinating job that you heard about
- Last Updated: Sunday, 09 October 2016 11:04
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 14840
IELTS Speaking Part 2: IELTS Cue Card/ Candidate Task Card.
Describe a fascinating job that you heard about.
You should say:
- where you heard about it,
- what kind of job it was,
- what fascinated you, and
and explain why you thought it was fascinating.
- Was the job in question a well-paid job?
- How the working conditions in your country have changed in recent years?
- What was the cause of the change?
- What benefits in your opinion do workers need, apart from salary?
- Does working too much have any influence on family life?
One of the fascinating jobs that I heard about is "Game Testing". The game testers test the computer, mobile and gaming device games. The game development companies need the games tested before they actually release the games. The game testers' job responsibility is to play the game and find any inconsistency there might have.
Testing is an important part of any software and game release and lots of error, inconsistency and bugs are fixed during the testing phase and that's why every game development company has its own testing team. I read about this career a few years back in a computer magazine and later I saw a documentary on game testing in "Discovery" channel. I was fascinated about the job mostly because it is interesting, challenging, creative, a bit different than the traditional 9 to 5 jobs, and offers lots of fun stuff and recreations. Later I searched in Google to learn more about this job and found some enchanting facts and information about it. Some of these fascinating facts are:
- Game testers are highly qualified and computer graduates who have extensive knowledge on computer programming, graphics, animation, design and testing.
- They enjoy a flexible timing for office. They are allowed to wear the dresses they like.
- The salary they get is higher than the salary in many other sectors.
- To be a successful game tester someone needs good knowledge in computer technology, the keen eyesight and sharp brain.
- The work environment is different and they enjoy lots of flexibility.
- As the game industries are doing well and the market is expanding, the future prospect for this job is promising.
The game testing does not involve playing the games and get paid; rather it is a more challenging profession that requires particular skills and talents. And for all these reasons this job seems quite fascinating and interesting to me.
Similar Cue Card Topics
Your ability to talk about this Cue Card Topic would also enable you to talk about the following Cue Card Topics as well:
1. Describe an interesting job or career you know about.
2. Describe a job you want to do in the future.
3. Describe a career you wanted to have in your early age.
4. Describe a job you worked on.
5. Describe a challenging job you heard about.
6. Describe a relaxing job you heard about.