GT Reading Test 7 Section 1 - Walk for Charity & The Week's Best
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 18 May 2022 22:30
- Written by IELTS Mentor
- Hits: 135156
GT Reading Mock Test 7:
Section 1: Questions 1-14
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 1-14.
GT Reading Sample: Walk for Charity & The Week's Best
Read the below and answer Questions 1- 7.
WALK FOR CHARITY
Please join us for our annual Walk for Charity. Starting in Weldown, you and your friends can choose a delightful 10, 20 or 30 kilometre route.
The money raised will provide support to help people all over the world. Start collecting your sponsors now and then simply come along on the day. Please read the instructions below carefully, especially if you require transport to and from Weldown.
See you on Sunday 14 May,
P S. Well done to last year's walkers for helping to raise a grand total of £21,000. The money has already been used to build a children's playground.
30 km: 8-10 am
20 km: 8 - 10.30 am
10 km: 8 - 11.30 am
The organisers reserve the right to refuse late-comers.
CLOTHING should be suitable for the weather. If rain is forecast, bring some protection and be prepared for all eventualities. It is better to wear shoes that have been worn in, rather than ones that are new.
ROUTE MAPS will be available from the registration point. The route will be sign-posted and marshalled. Where the route runs along the road, walkers should keep to one side in single file, facing oncoming traffic at oll times. If you need help along the route, please inform one of the marshals.
Free car parking available in car parks and on streets in Weldown.
For the 10 and 20 km routes, a bus will be waiting at Fenton to take walkers back to Weldown; The bus will leave every half-hour starting at midday. The service is free and there is no need to book.
Look at the information on the text 'walk for charity' and answer the questions below.
Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER from the text for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet.
1. What is the starting point for the 30 km walk?
2. What is the latest start time for the 20 km walk?
3. Regarding footwear, what are you warned against wearing?
4. What are the officials who help participants on the route called?
5. Where does the 20 km walk finish?
6. What is the frequency of the Fenton to Weldown bus?
7. Which walk does not pass through Lower Brene?
Read the information below and answer Questions 8-14.
The Week's Best
All she has to do now is walk the length of France and Britain and she has succeeded in walking around the world. Tonight she drinks coffee in a tent and tells her story to Janet Street-Porter before she sets off for the Pyrenees mountains.
Look at the seven television programmes A-G on the given page and answer Questions 8-14.
For which programme are the following statements true?
Write the correct letter A-G in boxes 8-14 on your answer sheet.
NB You may use any letter more than once.
8. This programme is in the form of a personal interview.
9. This programme is a documentary about technological developments.
10. These TWO programmes are about time travel.
11. This programme is taken from a book.
12. This film is the introduction to a set of programmes.
13. These TWO programmes are about present-day travellers.
14. This programme is about investigating a possible crime.
Click the button to Show/ Hide Answers
How is the answer to question 2 comes 10:30? Shouldn't it be 8:00 am because they said 8:00 to 10:30 am in the text?